cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Smarthub 2

Go to solution

1.New Smarthub 2 arrived yesterday morning, I had received a telephone call the previous day from BT advising of this and informing me to just follow the instructions in the box and I would be "good to go" .

2.Removed my old BT Homehub3, installed new Smarthub 2 - no broadband!  re-installed old BT Homehub 3 and went online to double check my actions via video on BT website, I had done everything correctly.

3.Again removed old BT Homehub 3, Re-installed Smarthub 2 - again no broadband.  Repeated action as 2 above, and through checking on google and BT Community it appears I have to wait for BT to activate their product, after which I will be notified by text or email it had been activated.     Still No email or text to madvise.  

Please, is there anyone out there who can advise how long it takes BT to arrange such a simple course of action and activate their own product? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smarthub 2

Go to solution

did you remove the modem and connect the new SH2 direct to the phone socket  with filter if you currently use a filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65 

Did you connect the new home hub directly into your phone socket or microfilter?

I assume that you have a "fibre" connection, and must have been using an Openreach modem as well, is that correct?

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Sure did, only one connection so I had to use the filter, the phone line was OK but no broadband.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Microfilter, and yes, I had an Open reach modem that should now be obsolete with SM2
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65 wrote:
Microfilter, and yes, I had an Open reach modem that should now be obsolete with SM2

So you are connected up as shown below?

smart hub 2 vdsl.jpg

Did you upgrade your broadband package?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

did you just use the cable that was connecting the modem to the filter and connect that direct to dsl socket on back of hub?  if so did the start to boot up and what colour is hub light

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Apologies for late response, other problems at home. No I did not upgrade my broadband package. I cannot now remember how it was resolved but I did get online eventually. Thanks for your advice/help.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Apologies for later reply, other problems at home.
I used the cables that came with the new hub, eventually after a very long period of time, (took the dog for a 15 minute walk) and later the colours began to change until eventually blue.
0 Ratings