cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Sony TV intermittent shows 'no input' from BT TV 4K

Up to about 2 months ago I was using a BT TV 4K with a Samsung TV. Never had any issues. TV died and bought a Sony Bravia instead. Now on a regular basis, the TV shows 'no input' when selecting the BT box.  If I do a manual power off/on the TV receives a signal, it shows the BT logo, shows 'wait for Youview' and after that the screen goes black and TV reports no input. Initially I thought that the BT box was causing it but that has now been replaced but the intermittent issue remains. Only way out of it is doing a factory reset. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony TV intermittent shows 'no input' from BT TV 4K

Have you tried another HDMI cable?

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for that. Have done that now and will have to give it a bit of time to see if that fixed  it.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4

@MixBix 

May I offer to the mix (sic), I have a Sony Bravia, an excellent TV. There are, however, two gripes:

The first is that now and again when turned on, it tells me the TV is not connected to the internet whereas all other 8+ assorted devices are fine. Pressing the HOME button on the remote and scrolling down to Internet, select and reconnecting does the trick. All our devices, very single one, is wifi connected. This is not quite the same problem, but suggest you trying to reconnect to the BTTV box from the Sony menu as above.

The second, totally different problem, being deaf, the subtitles are permanently turned on but sometimes they are missing! I have tried just about everything but the only solution is to completely reboot the TV by pressing and holding the on/off button on the remote until the display confirms turning off. The set then does through the reboot and, hey presto, subtitles have returned.

Whilst making these points, I can confirm our (SWWTT) Samsung has never had any problems from new.