cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richstant
Message 1 of 4

Splitting 2.4 & 5 GHz networks on WiFi extender 600

Hi,

I'm sorting out some WiFi issues for a friend. Their Macbook Pro won't connect to their homehub 4. Turns out, I can get it to connect by splitting the 2.4GHz & 5GHz networks. That would be fine, except that they also have a BT WiFi extender 600. That re-broadcasts on both frequencies, but as far as I can tell, it always uses the same name for both networks. I couldn't find a way to get to a manual config page for the extender so I can split the two frquencies on the extender too - is there a manual config page somewhere?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Splitting 2.4 & 5 GHz networks on WiFi extender 600

Welcome to this user forum.

If you connect to it, and go to http://mybtdevice.home you should be directed to the configuration page. You will have to enter the admin password which should be with the extender.

There may be an option on the extender to change the wireless settings.

0 Ratings
richstant
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply - I'll try that later on, but from looking online, that only works for the 'whole home wifi' device, not the extender 600?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

That address works for a number of BT Devices. I have used it on the hotspot 600 series, so I would expect it to work on extender 600. Its worth giving it a try.

0 Ratings