cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Still no ETHERNET BACKHAUL UPDATE!

So I have just waisted another hour of my life trying to get a resolution to the falsely advertised BT Whole Premium Ethernet Backhaul feature to no avail!

Called the 0808 number in the app, got passed from pillar to post, made an official complaint then got told that their was nothing they can do and that I should contact the supplier regarding a refund.

BT, what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Still no ETHERNET BACKHAUL UPDATE!

I doubt that the fellow BT customers who comprise this public forum can answer that question but if you post details of your problem then we (your fellow BT customers) may be able to help 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Unfortunately my moan is aimed towards BT and the Mods as we have been waiting for a firmware update to fix this issue for MONTHS!
Message 4 of 6

So I wonder if that's the official line ? That BT can't fix  issues with the "Premium" product and that customers should get a refund from their supplier and buy a competitors product instead. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Maybe one of the mods could read this and actually respond with an official statement?

Would be nice!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Customers who bought the disks from BTShop direct might be in a good position.

I bought mine in December 2019 from BTShop.  Just returned them for a full refund using the website returns process where I outlined the numerous problems I have and was delighted that "refund" was an option.

I needed to get a fault number from the helpdesk but this was painless.  Started the RMA last Thursday, was issued with prepaid Royal Mail Tracked 48 labels on Monday and received my full refund including original shipping costs yesterday.

I'm not reading anything into this efficient process - the next firmware update will likely now come any day and fix everything, but this might be an option for other users.  I wonder if you get a fault number from the helpdesk whether you can return to other retailers e.g. Amazon - the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that if a product has a problem that you can prove existed when you purchased the product you can still return the product for repair or refund even after a length of time has passed. 

I have replaced the system the previous week with 4x TP-Link Deco M9+ from Amazon after one of my BTWHWP satellites was showing red requiring a full factory reset to fix it (life is too short).

Upgraded the Deco's manually to 1.53 firmware.  Ethernet backhaul out of the box.  Some foibles:  seeing some congestion every now and then ( I recently installed 6x Reolink IP Cameras and an NVR which are kicking out a load of network traffic).  The system seems stable though there is no way of displaying uptime to see if a satellite has crashed - but I've not notices any outages at all - it simply works.  For a triband 802.11AC system it costs roughly the same as the BT premium disks and so far I'm pleased (keeping my fingers crossed).

Anyway, I hope this helps others in finding a path forward.   I think for some (most?) users the disks do work well or they don't need / notice the deficiencies.

I'd like to thank BT for the amicable resolution - that part really was excellent customer service.