cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Time to upgrade router. Is there one that works with BT whole home WiFi (white disks)?

I have a BT fire connection, a BT OpenReach modem connected to a AUSU RT-N66U (which is no longer supported). The wifi is switched off on the RT-N66U and there are is  on white BT whole home white mesh wifi disk plugged into the router and two more in discs in the house.  

It's time to upgrade the Asus router. Is there one that works with BT whole home WiFi (white disks)? Ie so I don't have to disable it's wifi, but can use it as a fourth wifi point? I suspect not, but it's worth asking. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Time to upgrade router. Is there one that works with BT whole home WiFi (white disks)?

The white discs work with any and all routers, it's only the black ones where you are restricted ( to the BT Smart Hub 2)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Time to upgrade router. Is there one that works with BT whole home WiFi (white disks)?

I could be wrong, but I suspect the reason for turning off the wifi on the main router is because it wouldn't form part of the mesh network but I assume as long as you accept that you won't get seamless roaming between router and disk, it should be ok to use the router wifi as well.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I don't want two separate wifi networks that clash and reduce my usable speed. Ideally I'd like one mesh network that uses the three white discs plus whatever I replace the router with. I suspect that won't be possible, but thought I would check. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Not sure why they would clash if you use different channels. I can't imagine that any router you buy would be able to form a mesh with the disks.

0 Ratings