Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Unable to reply to an email from BT Customer Services

Go to solution

I purchased a Samsung J3 mobile from BT last year on 22/09/2017.        Several days ago it failed to function, (unable to logon) so, thinking it may be a faulty sim card I applied for a replacement which arrived in acouple of days but unfortunately did not solve my dilemma.    So, I contacted BT Mobile Help, and after talking to them and following their instructions of taking sim/memory card/ battery out and replacing etc it still did not work so I was advised it was a software problem and to contact 0800 917 0510 sales team as the mobile was still under warranty.      This got me nowhere (it took me back to mobile help 3 times,) so I fired off a complaint online, received an acknowledgement ref of 18/07/18-000872, and eventually a reply email  from "Sangeeta" at bt_com_openworld_support_@mailgb.custhelp.com to which I have repied 5 times and each time Microsoft have returned my reply as unable to deliver.

BT is in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as they should repair/replace or refund under the circumstances so it looks like I may have to take BT to the Small Claims Court.

Does anyone out there have a contactable email address for BT Customer Services please?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Unable to reply to an email from BT Customer Services

Go to solution

Hi @JohnMutley_65

I can ask one of the moderators to pop and chat and give you the best contact details. 

They are fairly busy and may take a while to respond. So please keep checking back. 

0 Ratings
JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you Dean 007, but I am afraid time is of the essence in my particular circumstances.

If this is not resolved by Thursday 26th July 2018 to my satisfaction including compensation for the stress and inconvenience and costs, (I have the evidence) this has impacted upon my family,   I am at Bradford Small Claims Court on Friday 27th July 2018 to institute proceddings against BT under the Consumers Rights Acta 2015.

I have been a customer of BT for many years and am extremely disappointed at this level of poor customer service.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65

Thank you for posting back. I totally understand that a fault on a handset may impact you you on a day to day basis. 

Just to make you aware that the community is  customer to costumer based and not all the post are seen by BT. We can request that a moderator come and try and assist but it is done on a first come first served basis.

The correct and formal way to complain to BT is via their official complaint procedure. I will link this at the bottom. Most claims or ofcom complaints normally need you to allow time for the company to allow repair and follow the companies complaints procedure first. As I do no work for BT I can not advise you how to deal with this but give any information that you may find useful.    

BT Complaints.

0 Ratings
Squash
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution
What exactly did the undeliverable message say? Small claims sounds like a waste of time if they have tried to reach out to you regarding your complaint, of course the person at the other end won't know you've been unable to respond. Ultimately, you'd be better off reporting to Ofcom for investigation if you're unhappy with the way that BT is dealing with your complaint and believe they are acting unlawfully.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

A question  is this a phone purchased from the BT Shop  or one supplied as part of a BT mobile contract ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65 I'm really sorry about the problem with your mobile phone, the number you've posted suggests that the phone was purchased directly from the BT Shop website and not as part of a BT Mobile contract. Can you advise us if this is this the case? 

If the phone was bought on the BT Shop website  you'll find their contact info on this link.

0 Ratings
JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you for that Dean, I did complain and the response from "Sangeeta" was to the effect that as the phone was not on contract there was nothing BT could do?  This was despite thye fact I bought it from BT on 22/09/2018. 

0 Ratings
JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Not on contract, I purchased it from BT on 22/09/2017.    BT supplies my broadband and landline as well as being charged £10 per month (less £5 per month as I am already a BT customer) in my monthly contact with BT.

@zulu17wrote:

A question  is this a phone purchased from the BT Shop  or one supplied as part of a BT mobile contract ?

Hello Zulu 17,   Purchased from BT shop on 22/09/2017.        I have been in touch with Consumers "Which" who provided me with a template letter to notify BT of their legal obligations under the Consumers Rights Act 2015, and if BT fail to comply within the letters timescale I am advised to take BT to the Small Claims Court.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Hello NeilO,    yes it was purchased from BT shop on 22/09/2017.

0 Ratings