Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: Unable to reply to an email from BT Customer Services

Go to solution

Hello NeilO,

Further to my earlier reply, I feel I ought to mention that my particular circumstances are that I have cancer and am having to attend "Jimmy's" at Leeds every day Monday to Friday for treatment which is why my mobile has become so important to arrange my transport home after treatment as the times do vary each day.  It leaves me feeling tired, and as I am back tomorrow for a 13.40 appt I am now going offline for a shower and bed until tomorrow evening when I get home.  

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65

Just wanted to chip in and say I hope things are improving for you. 

I believe @NeilO's reply included the contact details for the BT Shop and the suggestion was, if you purchased it from the shop to use their contact details. 

To hep you out they are here > BT Shop Contact Us

There appears to be a general e-mail and an escalations e-mail as well. 

I hope you get it sorted. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you CJT80 for your advice, I have sent an email to csmanager@bt.com and that to has bounce back, to say I am bewildered is an understatement.

John.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

While it is the BT Shop's responsibility as the retailer to check and if need be repair or replace the faulty phone it is apparent on their web site that all BT will do is forward the phone to Samsung. They advise you to contact the manufacturer of the phone, ie Samsung directly and have it repaired under the manufacturer warranty.

Going down that route may save you a load of stress and ultimately get the phone repaired/replaced

See link for Samsung

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

0 Ratings
JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for that info CJT80 but when I finally did get through to BT shop they were just as unhelpful.   Although I bought it from them on 22/09/2017, and they have confirmed it is on their records and thus is still under warranty they came back to me yesterday with the statement that as it is not under contract with BT they are not obliged to do anything and to take it to a Samsung shop for repair under warranty.

The mind boggles, e.g. if you buy a car from a garage with a 12 month warranty and something malfunctions the garage does not say "nowt to do with me mate, take it to Ford/Jaguar/ VW etc" .       Very poor customer service from BT! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

The BT shop are totally wrong in what they have said. They are legally responsible because they are the company that sold the phone to you. It is irrelevant about not being in contract to BT. 

By doing this BT are breaking the law. You could take them to task over it and you would win in court.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution
Thank you, despite the hassle I am considering a Small Claims Court action, am awaiting advice from Citizens Advice who are going to assist.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @JohnMutley_65,

I've had a look on the BT Shop website and have found the Returns Policy- Returning Goods - Our Return Policy

Goods Become Faulty During Use
If your goods become faulty after delivery, we will always instruct you to contact the manufacturer directly for a warranty repair or replacement. This is often the quickest way to have a fault resolved. For example in some cases, manufacturers provide a special full on-site service and/or telephone help facilities for your convenience. Alternatively you can contact us directly if the goods do not conform to the contract made between us.

Next Steps: Returning Goods Using Our Online Returns Tool
BT Shop has a special online tool designed to make the process of returning goods as simple as possible. The tool will prompt you for all the information we need to know in order to arrange your return for you. Please click the link below to learn more and/or to start the process: Arranging a return online.

I hope that helps?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
JohnMutley_65
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution
Thank you all for your advice, I have taken it to Samsung shop who have repaired it (software issue what ever that means, but I have lost most of my data, my wife is slowly reentering everything for me) and BT shop have since contacted me again yesterday asking for sales details etc which I have today forwarded to them, bit late for them now!
0 Ratings