cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Unable to set up BT disc

I am helping a very non-technical friend set up his BT Halo kit. We cannot get the BT Disc working, and he has struggled with BT tech support who simply send out another disc that exhibits exactly the same issue. apparently engineers are not sent for this issue, leaving him WITHOUT the promised WiFi throughout his home.

• the router is connected and has a steady blue light
  • the WiFi connection direct to the router is fine (mobile phone, MacBook Air etc connected)
  • the BT disc has a solid red light

I have tried:

• Configuration via the iOS app. The mobile is already connected via WiFi, but the app claims it isn’t. Throws errors (using QR code or manual configuration) when trying to set up
  • Direct connection of disc by Ethernet. BT disc light changes colour, eventually flashing blue but the returns to solid red. 

Troubleshooting already performed:

• Reboot of router
  • Reboot of BT Disc
  • Factory reset of disc

It seems only help we can get from BT is a paid visit by engineer which I think is very poor.

Any suggestions gratefully received, thank you

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to set up BT disc

Hi @KeithPW14 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having setting up Complete Wi-fi.  Have you managed to get everything sorted since your post?  This page shows how to pair the Complete Wi-fi disc to your Hub --> How do I set up Complete Wi-fi?

Post back and let us know if you still need some help with this.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to set up BT disc

Just a couple of ideas that might help.

1. log on to the hub manager from a browser (192.168.1.254), and ensure that Smart Setup is disabled
    see What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

2. Click on Advanced Settings then wireless and ensure that the wireless mode is set to Mode 1.

3. If all else fails, factory reset the hub and then disable Smart Setup (which will have been re-enabled)
0 Ratings