cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unable to setup BT WHW Premium network through BT Whole Home app

Go to solution

Hello All, 

I have been having some issues setting up the WHW Premium discs in my house. They were setup to run correctly and everything was fine until Feb end. Since then VM have had an outage in my area, which has given me a patchy internet service to put it politely. So after that whenever the internet services went down, so would the mesh system like a deck of cards. So there have been multiple factory resets. 

I had to do the same yesterday evening as once again the services were down, funny though, I have been unable to setup the Mesh system in my house. I go through the motions on the app. I get prompted to connect the smartdevice (iPad & iPhone to the BT WHW wifi network, I am able to connect to the network as per the app, but then I keep on getting the attached error message "Unable to detect disc". 

After this, I have tried to connect to the disc via 192.168.0.27/ web GUI and it shows the disc is connected to the router and I have net connectivity but I cant finsih the setup as I cant add the other 2 discs to the network. 

TS Steps done by me so far:

1. Uninstall app and then try again.  FAIL

2. Tried all 3 discs from the box after factory reset. FAIL

3. Tried a different device iPhone with the same error message. 

4. Unable to see an option to add disc through GUI on web browser.

5. I did try the manual way as advised by one of the mods on another post, let the disc setup and then become solid blue, as soon as I remove the ethernet cable, the light goes red and stays there. Neither am I able to connect the other discs as it is being picked up as a new AP for the network.

I am at my patience thresholdwith both the service providers, BT 2nd line support are yet to reply to my emails answering their question. In the end have lost hope. If BT would like to take their products back and give me a refund, I will look at other options.

BT WH App_Message.png

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
- James Dean
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to setup BT WHW Premium network through BT Whole Home app

Go to solution

Hi @neversettledwanderer welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see your having problems setting up the premium Whole Home wifi discs. From your post, it appears that you've tried all the checks that I would have suggested so I would recommend you get in touch with the Whole Home wifi team. They will be able to offer you guidance and determine if there is a fault with the equipment 

By phone: 0808 100 6116

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@NeilO Thanks alot for replying. Incidentally I did reach out to Support and they also confirmed that it was wierd the app is not connecting to the discs. I am able to see the discs are connected to the network and working as they should. 

My issue is even after following the advice, I am having frequent network dropouts, and my work asks me to be logged in to the VPN at all times during working hours. Now every time the network drops, I have to restart the whole network which about 20min at each instance, give and take a few here and there. 2 or more dropouts and I am looking at about 30 min unpaid work, 4 of those in a week, that nearly 2 hours of lost time and pay through no fault of mine. Add that up over time and that quite a bit of money I have lost over the past month and unfortunately will carry on doing so. 

I have checked and confirmed that the internet is live if I connect to the VM hub directly. So if the issue is with disks can they be replaced or can I return them and have a refund/ credit to buy myself a better system? 

Please advise. 

- James Dean
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @neversettledwanderer,

It's best to speak with our Whole Home Wifi team direct using the contact details that Neil gave above. If they can't help, they will let you know what options are available to you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@DanielS @NeilO Thank you for that. I will try calling them up. 

- James Dean
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Im having the exact same issue, did you ever get a technical resolution from BT?

0 Ratings