cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Unblock device on BT Whole Home

Hi All,

Just after some advice.
I have inadvertently blocked a device from the Whole Home app.
I want to unblock it, but the device doesn’t show up anywhere in the online or offline devices in the app & I can’t find a list of blocked MAC addresses in the admin settings.
Does anyone know how to undo this?

Thanks,
Tom
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unblock device on BT Whole Home

Hi @tom_beach

On the Devices page of the app, Blocked devices appear underneath Online, then Guests.

So the order is:

Online, Guests, Blocked, Offline

Can you see the device under this list in the app?

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Dan-O

I don't have Guests as a category in online devices.

I have tried resetting the whole system & the Echo Dot (the blocked device), however it will not allow it to connect to the network.

Tom

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 9

@tom_beach

Yes, the categories only appear if there are any of that type of device connected.

So under the Online devices list, do you not see a section called "Blocked"? Between online and offline devices.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Dan-O

No, there is not a section called "Blocked". However, I definitely blocked it & the device is definitely blocked!

Tom

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi Dan-O,

I have a similar problem. My wireless Canon printer is blocked. I can see it on the BLOCKED list on my iPhone app - but I can’t unblock it. I press the unblock button, the wheel spins but nothing happens.  Any thoughts?  Can I perhaps hard reset the entire Whole Home network?

Thanks.

Richard.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Did you manage to resolve this?  I also have a blocked device and no matter how many times I unblock, it remains blocked.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 9

Hi everybody on this thread, there's a new disc firmware and App available today that should help you with the device list getting muddled affecting access control. You can clean up your whole list and access control settings if they're already corrupted, and it should stop the list getting corrupted in the future.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I managed to unblock my wireless printer via the Android app, but I had to reset the device list. To do this, from within the app:

1. Select the middle page with the Icon that looks a little like a phone, this will be the "Devices" page.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page, there should be a red button titled "Reset Device List"

3. Press this button, it will show a warning and you will need to confirm.

After a few minutes the network will restart, disconnected devices will have been forgotten (including all blocked devices), and devices will start connecting again, including any previously blocked devices.

It worked for me anyway.

Good luck