cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Busbee
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Unwanted call blocking

To file my tax return I need to log in to the HMRC website. To log in they telephone you with an automatically generated 6 digit number.

My BT7610 has decided to block these calls, although I have not set it up to do that. It does not show that the call has been blocked or list the number on the calls display. I only discovered what was happening by calling 1572.

How can I prevent these calls from being blocked. The user guide does not say anything about this.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
shabbashaz
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unwanted call blocking

You need to switch off call blocking on the phone, so anyone can call through. Because it is an automated call, then it won't get past the call guardian

0 Ratings
Busbee
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply, but I am not blocking any calls - all call types are "allowed" and no specific numbers are blocked either.
0 Ratings
shabbashaz
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

So your call guardian is off, if numbers that are not in your phonebook, have to announce who they are, this means that the call guardian is on, and it will stop automated calls coming through.

0 Ratings
shabbashaz
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Sorry, just looked it's not the call guardian, the easiest thing then is to get the call protect switched off, as that may be preventing it from coming through, you should be able to switch it off through your mybt, you can always switch it back on
0 Ratings
Busbee
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks - I will try that. Nothing else is working.
0 Ratings