cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Upgraded to fttp and got new smart hub 2 but already have one.

Go to solution

Hey all, as above I recently upgraded to fttp and got a new smart hub 2 in the post but already have one. I assume there is no difference in the one I already have vs the new one they sent out. I have an engineer set to install the fibre next week. Is there a way I can have the engineer take this back with him as there was no return details in the box.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgraded to fttp and got new smart hub 2 but already have one.

Go to solution

the engineer works for openreach not BT Retail

if you are getting FTTP are you also getting Digital Voice?  If so then you probably need the new hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, would this not already be in the smart hub 2 im already using? either way no its not something im interested in as i have my landline completely unused.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

the newer SH2 act as a dect base station for DV cordless phones.  Normally if you were getting DV you would have been offered a free phone at same time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I just took a second look at the new hub i got and it indeed has a new green port for the digital voice thing. Don't remember seeing anything about that with my order so not sure there. However i did notice one of the ethernet ports is labelled WAN and when i plug my pc in to that port i don't get internet out of it. Do i really have one less ethernet port usable?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Your old hub had 4 LAN ports and no WAN port as your broadband arrived via the DSL port. The new hub has 3 LAN ports and a WAN port to connect to your ONT when it arrives.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

The WAN port is needed to connect the Ethernet cable to the new ONT

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Now im starting to figure it all out, thanks a lot guys!

0 Ratings