Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Using a BT Business Smart Hub 2 with BT Residential Broadband

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Sadly I couldn't get the BT Smart Hub 2 to work in bridge mode at all. My PPPoE settings weren't establishing a connection on my OpenWrt router. In regards to the Digital Voice I couldn't see any option anywhere in the settings.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Hi there.sorry I know it's been a while since this thread was active.but wondering as time has passed.did you finally get it working ?I am in the same situation.have residential smart hub 2.need Bridge mode to connect to my fritz box.while at same time keeping digital voice connected.seen the business smart hub 2 on ebay and wondering if I should take the risk and order
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

See messages 4,6 and 8 in the thread.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Ahh thank you.its such a shame..gonna have to just abandon digital voice and go third party voip.thanks for reply

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

I'm currently using a Smart Hub configured for pseudo "modem only" as I have my own Deco mesh system.  I'm aware of the double NAT issues and as I'm having a few networking issues, which may be caused by the Hub, but which BT tell me is working fine (it is 99% of the time except when it looses the internet connection!), I'm thinking of purchasing a Business Smart Hub 2 and using Bridge mode.

Currently, I'm not on Digital Voice but I've had emails telling me it is coming soon.  Based on the previous posts it would appear that even assuming I could get the Business Smart Hub 2 working on my residential BT account, it wouldn't work with DV when in bridge mode.

I have also considered purchasing a "pure" modem to replace the BT Smart Hub, but I'm guessing that also wouldn't support DV.

It would appear that BT don't want us to use their Smart Hub's as only modems.

Is it technically impossible for a Hub device to only work in modem only mode AND provide DV?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

@milleniumaire wrote:

Is it technically impossible for a Hub device to only work in modem only mode AND provide DV?

No, because a modem doesn't have access to the IP layer.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

@licquorice 

Just to clarify, do you mean "Yes, it is technically impossible for or a Hub device to only work in modem only mode AND provide DV".

as in "No, it is not possible"?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Sorry, I misread the question.

No, it is not possible.

Message 20 of 20

Did anyone get the business hub to work with DV in router mode? The previous comments all seemed linked to bridge/modem mode.

Thanks.

0 Ratings