cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aileen52
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Using a WiFi complete spare disc to hard wire into tv rather than long cable to hub

Go to solution

Can I use spare bt WiFi complete disc to connect with short Ethernet cable rather than yards to the hub to tv

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Using a WiFi complete spare disc to hard wire into tv rather than long cable to hub

Go to solution

@Aileen52wrote:

Can I use spare bt WiFi complete disc to connect with short Ethernet cable rather than yards to the hub to tv

Hi @Aileen52

I’m not sure how you ended up with a spare Complete WiFi Disc as they are loaned and owned by BT and should be returned if not in use. However I can confirm that the Ethernet connection works perfectly. Whether it works with BT TV you will be able to tell us once you have tried it Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

Re: Using a WiFi complete spare disc to hard wire into tv rather than long cable to hub

Go to solution

Doubtful, because it will be using wifi to connect tothe hub rather than Ethernet.

0 Ratings
Aileen52
Beginner
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks yes it works😀

0 Ratings
Aileen52
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks , so far it works 😀

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Interesting, didn't think the Multicast packets would work via wifi.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Interesting, didn't think the Multicast packets would work via wifi.

@Aileen52 only mentions a TV, not a BT YouView box, so I assume its just for a Smart TV.

0 Ratings
Aileen52
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Hi, I have put the disc beside my bt you view box and with short Ethernet cable connected them and it works. So great not having yards of cable going from tv room to hub. The disc was sent as we thought it was lost in post but then turned up . You can have up to three I was told when I rang!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Is it working on all of the extra subscribed channels as well, BT Sport etc, as they are the ones delivered over multicast?

0 Ratings
Aileen52
Beginner
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Hi ! Yes bt sport  and the kids channels I have subscribed to . That was yesterday when I tried. ! I haven’t checked today .

0 Ratings