cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DigitalDave
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Using two base stations on cordless phones?

I already have a Base station and one slave. A wired handset is slowly dying. Where it is the cordless has poor reception so can I use 2 base stations plugged into the same line, or does the extra phone have to be another slave?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Using two base stations on cordless phones?

I don't understand why you need two base stations, you can by cordless phones with 2, 3, or4 handsets and even more and they all work off the one base station. If the signal is poor where the base station is nowthen move it to another socket, there's no requirement for it to be plugged into the master

0 Ratings
DigitalDave
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

The position of the sockets are such that neither with a base station plugged in cover the whole house. Nothing to do with master socket. That is why I currently have a corded phone in one socket.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Nothing to stop you having 2 base units on one line but they will be independent of each other

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Just check the REN of each base station before you buy them, the maximum is 4 so you could have two base stations each with a REN of 2

0 Ratings
DigitalDave
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Good point.

0 Ratings