cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

VIP Contacts

I have the BT4600. In the last 6 months my VIP contacts are filtered/announced and not let through direct.  I am French (living in North Wales) and family members cannot understand the English message so give up ringing my landline.  . I have looked at the forum and I do have Caller Display as I can see the name displayed of those contacts who do get through/or get announced. It's distressing me & family particularly with lockdown

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: VIP Contacts

Do you mean the outgoing message from the answering machine? if so see page 54 of the manual on how to record your own message

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

No not at all what i mean.

I want my family & friends to access me direct ie unfiltered/unblocked so i made them VIP. When they ring, they are still coming through "announced". The VIP feature is not activating despite my best efforts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

No need to be so stroppy, you need to explain yourself clearer if you want help from other BT customers who have no obligation to help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Lets keep it friendly guys.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

ok English is not my first language but I thought I was clear.  Since you've explained that you're not obliged in any way to give support,  I will deal with the issue myself.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

I said I'm not obliged to help, I didn't say I wouldn't if I can.

Perhaps you should start by explaining what you've done so far to resolve the problem.
For example, have you tried working through the instructions in the user manual, page 51 might be helpful

0 Ratings