cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 168

Re: Very close to returning my 2nd BT Whole Home WiFi...

- Exactly which devices are having issues

One+ phone

- Which software version they are running

Android 8.0.0

- When you first noticed issues (exact date would be very useful),

December

- What you're doing at the time you notice an issue (streaming audio/video, browsing websites)

Trying to get on network

- Which disc you're connected to at the time (the main one next to the router or a Wi-Fi connected disc)

WiFi

- And finally, does the device show any error messages against the Wi-Fi or any connections

No - trying to get an IP address

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 168

MacBook Pro

High Sierra

December

- What you're doing at the time you notice an issue (streaming audio/video, browsing websites)

Skype for Business

- Which disc you're connected to at the time (the main one next to the router or a Wi-Fi connected disc)

WiFi

- And finally, does the device show any error messages against the Wi-Fi or any connections

No errors

Problem went away when I connected to the disc plugged into the router
0 Ratings
spiderlane
Contributor
Message 13 of 168

This is odd, I'm adding it just in case it's any assistance to @Dan-O...

I took my MacBook Pro upstairs so it would connect to another disc to write the previous message. Returned back downstairs (and connection has gone back to the problematic disc) but the connection has been rock solid since then. I haven't lost a single packet in the last 2,000 pings which is almost unheard of. 

Also to add, the camera which is currently disconnected from the network but still showing connected is in the app, has a signal strength of -74dBm now but the "Speed" is fluctuating between "unkown" and "1Mbps". Again, just mentioning it for completeness. 

Thanks

Mark

0 Ratings
MangoMan2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 168

- 2x Google Home (disconnections)

- 2x Samsung S6 Edge Phones (disconnections)

- reconection established by restarting WiFi or rebooting devices.

- Google Homes (latest firmware) - 106111

- Samsung S6 Edge (latest firmware) - ANDROID 7.0

- 29th December, when I received my 2nd (working) BT Whole Home WiFi. I updated firmware on the discs upon installation. As such, I have not had BT Whole Home WiFi working in a usable state since purchase.

- Google Homes simply connected to network, says not connected when asked something. Shortly later, they are connected or after a reboot.

- Samsung S6 Edges completely random. Can be in the middle of something or idle in pocket (wifi conenction active).

- This has happened on all discs.

- The S6 Edge devices often show authentification error on the wifi.

The S6 Edge devices are the worst by far, absolutely unusable and horrendous connection. I must stress that these devices were perfect before the BT Whole Home WiFi and are perfect now that I have reverted to my old network. The problem does involve the BT Whole Home WiFi

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 15 of 168

Thanks all for your responses - very helpful. I will keep you updated.

@MangoMan2020 Just on your S6 Edge devices - have you checked for firmware updates recently? Could you tell me which version of Samsung software you have? (About Device > Software Information). Specifically baseband version, build number and Android security patch level.

Also, on your other Wi-Fi setup - is it dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and if so, are the SSID/passwords identical?

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MangoMan2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 168

Hi Dan-0

Information as requested:

Samsung S6 Edge, both using latest firmare update from Samsung via phone menu;

S6 Edge 64gb Baseband version - G925FXXS5EQL1

s6 Edge 128gb Baseband version - G925FXXU5EQJ5

My other WiFi is dual band, yes. The SSID are different for 5ghz and 2.4ghz (my preference in the router settings), passwords are the same. I also have a netgear extender in that setup, with a different SSID, but again same password. All devices are fine on this, and work perfectly.

Thank you for the help.

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 168

iPad

iOS 10.3.3

December

Trying to get on network

WiFi

No internet connection

After about 10 minutes it gets onto the wifi

0 Ratings
pridout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 168

Google Home

Sys firmware 106111

cast firmware 1.29.106111

About a month ago

Streaming audio

WiFi connected disc

Google Home says 'something went wrong'

This behaviour seems to happen if the connection switches disc or fequency band. I don't undersand why it should switch since the Google Home I am having a problem with is in a fixed position in the same room as and not more than 8 feet from the nearest disc. But sometimes it randomly connects to one of the further discs and/or hops frequency band.

0 Ratings
js25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 168

As I mentioned above, my problems occur with general web browsing on my MacBook, using either safari or chrome. I tried running a ping to my router as someone suggested, and noticed the problems usual occur if I tried to load a secure https website -I’m not sure if this is relevant...

Anyway,  as I’ve got the discs to behave with powerline, my MacBook now connects to a disc connected by ethernet over powerline adapters, and I don’t seem to be suffering form the dropping connection problems any more.

0 Ratings
rgbrgb2001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 168

Google mins; lose connection

Latest as per december update

Minis just installed in week before last firmware update

Mini wont work as it says no wifi, requires reboot

Varies

As I said it lose the wifi signal (all my other gear such as laptops and phones work fine). WIFI meter shows plenty of signal

0 Ratings