cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 31 of 168

Re: Very close to returning my 2nd BT Whole Home WiFi...

@spiderlane wrote:

Hi js25,

Wow what a top suggestion. I dimly recall disabling IGMP Snooping on my Asus router some time ago (I forget exactly waht problem it was causing). I enabled this again and then suddenly the app changed with the discs brielfy showing blue and then the whole thing going red saying "There is a problem with your network". Restarting the "non main" ethernet connected disc and now I can see all the discs and the topology again. 

A few minutes later, 2 of my Nest cameras dropped off the network (after having been stable for 2/3 days) even though the app is showing them connected with a signal strength of -60. Damn! So there appears to be some relationship between the ability for the discs to communicate their status with each other and the device disconnects. 

One step forward, two steps back! This is very frustrating.

Cheers

Mark

@spiderlane

Thanks for the info about that - we are making progress in understanding the issues. Your information about the issue not happening when the discs can't communicate with each other is very useful.

I'd be interested to see your log files - I will send a private message.

spiderlane
Contributor
Message 32 of 168

More than happy to help @Dan-O, cheers for the reply

Mark

0 Ratings
had-enough
Message 33 of 168

Hi Dan-O,

I hope you don't mind me adding to this discussion.

I updated the Whole Home Wifi firmware this week (Monday). Since then my TV will only stay connected for between 6 to 10 minutes before freezing. This happens on iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube.

These apps all work fine on laptop/tablet/phone, it is just with the TV. I have restarted the network, connected to a disc using ethernet cable, checked for updates for the TV all to no avail. We can no longer use the apps on the TV as this is unbelievably annoying as we do not actaully bother with "normal" TV. 

- Exactly which devices are having issues: Panasonic 4K TV

- Which software version they are running: Unknown but it is the latest Panasonic firmware

- When you first noticed issues (exact date would be very useful): 09 Jan 17

- What you're doing at the time you notice an issue (streaming audio/video, browsing websites): Streaming video

- Which disc you're connected to at the time (the main one next to the router or a Wi-Fi connected disc): wi-fi connected

- And finally, does the device show any error messages against the Wi-Fi or any connections: no error messages

Regards,

had-enough

0 Ratings
MTRX121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 168

Hi I am also having connectivity issues as follows

- Exactly which devices are having issues

Google Home keeps dropping out after a 10 mins or so of playing streaming radio station. When I re add the google home to the network it will work again for a while then drops out again. When the google home is working I see it connected to one of my discs but when it disconnects it removes itself from all disks.

- Which software version they are running

Google Home v1.26.30.8

BT Whole Home v1.02.03 build03

- When you first noticed issues (exact date would be very useful),

Only had these for 1 week and this has always been happening

- What you're doing at the time you notice an issue (streaming audio/video, browsing websites)

Streaming radio stream but also when asking questions to google home after hours of non use.

- Which disc you're connected to at the time (the main one next to the router or a Wi-Fi connected disc)

wifi connected disk

- And finally, does the device show any error messages against the Wi-Fi or any connections

no

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 35 of 168

Thanks all for the information, this has been very useful to help diagnose the cause of the issue. We are now working hard on a solution and I will update as soon as I can.

In the meantime please contact the helpdesk at btconnectedhome@bt.com for further help.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Tyler_Durden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 168

@Dan-O
Is a fix for this on the horizon?
0 Ratings
pridout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 168

Hi Dan-o,

Can you tell us if BT Whole Home Wifi is susceptible to this issue?

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/15/router_vendors_update_firmware_to_protect_against_google_ch...

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 168

Try this and let me know

Please follow instructions to turn off “All Steering” below:   
   1. Go to http://mybtdevice.home on a device connected to Whole Home Wi-Fi
   2. Log in with the admin password
   3. Now go to  http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm which is a system configuration  page
   4. Set "All Steering" (bottom option) to disabled and press the Save button. Refresh the page and confirm it still shows as disabled.
   5. Restart the Whole Home Wi-Fi discs

Please note with the above short-term workaround, some of your devices may retain poor connections.  
If this happens, you can reconnect manually to fix this, which may involve turning Wi-Fi off and on again on that device.

stevenwross
Beginner
Message 39 of 168

Unfortunately with my issues persisting, I did make the decision to return my Whole home WiFi. Fortunately no problems at all with Argos accepting the return. Moving on.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 40 of 168

If you need to follow the workaround @Steve59 has posted, please can you contact the helpdesk at btconnectedhome@bt.com so we can keep track and inform you when the new firmware is released.