cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deryman
Contributor
Message 71 of 168

Re: Very close to returning my 2nd BT Whole Home WiFi...

This is complete hogwash! If the problem is so severe BT can't get out a fix then there is probably something fundamentally wrong with the product and should be subject to a recall.

I too am now experiencing regular drop outs that render wifi useless with one of my devices - totally unacceptable.

0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 72 of 168

Agree. Ive written to Which and a couple of IT magazines to highlight the issue as this product should of been recalled. Its unusable and not fit for sale.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 73 of 168

@Deryman

Please contact the helpdesk at btconnectedhome@bt.com who will be able to help provide details of a temporary solution.

We are working on some changes and will be releasing new firmware after conducting our quality control processes. 

Which device are you having problems with? We are aware of changes in some device software that has impacted stability when connected to Whole Home Wi-Fi.

0 Ratings
MTRX121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 74 of 168

I am using 1.29.106111 on my device which seems mainly ok.I say mainly as I did get at first the occasional "there is a glitch" from google home. I have steering turned on now all the time and everything else pc, tablet, chromecast and TV work fine.
0 Ratings
Tyler_Durden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 168

MTRX121 - What makes you think this is fixed when you're still having a problem with your google home?
0 Ratings
Rossboo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 168

I was getting dropouts on my Xbox one mid game. Turning the steering off has fixed the issue for me. Only issue being is it seems to prefer out of 2 discs to connect to the one furthest away with a weaker signal. It would be good if we could use the app to tell the discs to manually steer some devices to a certain disc and hold it there. Not sure if it’s technically possible though.
0 Ratings
Tyler_Durden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 77 of 168

I woke to find a notification from the BT whole home app suggesting that a new firmware is available. So I did a check using the app but nothing happened. I'm still on v1.02.03 build03.
I had reset both my discs yesterday, does that downgrade them to their original firmware?
0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 78 of 168

No update offered for my system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Deryman
Contributor
Message 79 of 168

nothing here either.......

0 Ratings
Tyler_Durden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 80 of 168

I assume that the reset I did yesterday actually took the discs back to a previous firmware, then they updated in the night.
I may reset them again and check the firmware.
0 Ratings