cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rossboo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 168

Re: Very close to returning my 2nd BT Whole Home WiFi...

Mine is showing I already have the latest version of firmware. V1.02.03 build03
0 Ratings
chrisell
Beginner
Message 102 of 168

Hi Dan 

Its the 26th - and I've tried checking for updates - but the app shows an error ( There was a problem completing the firmware update please try again in a few minutes) - last updated date is also blank ... ive tried both the app and the browser based admin page .

I'm running 1.02.03 build 03 and have constant problems with random devices showing as "paused" in the app when i havn't done anything .  Its driving my whole family nuts as some devices work and others dont - impacting phones , tablets , pc's , internet TV's , amazon alexa ... but all intermittently .

I'm also close to putting this all back in the box and sending it back ....

Chris

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 103 of 168

Update available for me at 11pm, all loaded and steering all enables, lets see how it performs tomorrow

@chrisell - Try rebooting the discs, if still no update, you may try the steering workaround until the update is available to you, this is detailed earlier in this thread

0 Ratings
ICAltd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 104 of 168

I've woken up to a new app and my firmware is now 1.02.04 build 10.

was rock solid until 3 weeks ago and now I regularly have to turn it on and off t3 times a week to enable reconnection of devices - hopefully this will sure that.  Have 4 discs - just over a year old.

Still more or less happy....

0 Ratings
spiderlane
Contributor
Message 105 of 168

Update didn't happen overnight. Several presses of the button finally promted it to show me the update this morning. Tried to update - then just goes from "Update available" to "No response from your network". Hard reboot of all discs and now the update is done - what a palaver!

Have re-enabled steering and will test. Fingers crossed; this update is the last chance saloon for WH - if it's not stable now with my laptop and Nest cameras I'm going to have to look for another solution (possibly going back to the heath-robinson lash up of powerline adapaters and cheap APs which was totally stable for years)

Cheers,

Mark

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chrisell
Beginner
Message 106 of 168

Still unable to get an update -

getting "there was a problem completing the firmware update" every time ...  tried power cycling but no different . Tried both App and web , no joy ... had it set to auto check overnight as well but still no update ..

Reluctant to factory reset as last time it forced me to change my WPA2 password and i had to change it on all my devices..... devices all on 1.02.03 build 03 . 

0 Ratings
MangoMan2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 168

"Connect server error. FW upgrade stop. Please try again."

Everytime try to upgrade. 

Urgh...BT Guys and Girls...our patience wears thinner. I resisted sending the discs back after the steering tempory fix, I hope I wasn't wrong. I guess I still can to Amazon. 3 months into me owining this product and it hasn't worked properly once. I expected more, especially given the price.

0 Ratings
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 108 of 168

Dan - I reset the steering option, then applied the update this morning, and now all of my devices disconnect every few seconds! Previously it was only legacy devices that had a problem. I can open a new case with support, but since I never heard anything with my last enquiry, I trust your input more!

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 109 of 168

@shaunmpond

Can you reboot your router and all the discs (via the power button) and confirm this still happens? Sometimes a full reboot is needed after the upgrade to allow the system to boot "from cold".

I assume all 4 settings on the steering page are now set to "Enabled"?

Dan-O

0 Ratings
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 110 of 168

trying that right now - I had re-disabled steering as a temporary measure before I posted here, but I've now re-enabled all 4, and cold booted all the disks - I'll report back shortly (if it works for 15 mins it's fixed! ;))
0 Ratings