After almost two months pleased to report my IOS iPhone App is now working as before.
Steps I took:
1. Removed the App from my iPhone.
2. Updated the Wholehome Discs via the web interface to the latest 1.02.04 build 10 firmware.
3. Allowed then all (x4) to reboot etc, then turned them all for c 2 mins - then turned just the master one on 1st.
4. Reinstalled the updated IOS app on my iPhone.
5. Using the iPhone App then went through the auto process of renaming the Discs, nothing else needed to be changed/input.
So at long last delighted to report all back to normal with the addition of the IOS App also working........Got there in the end. Hopefully BT will learn from this as underneath it all the mesh product is pretty damm good.
Turned on all legacy settings.
The Google Homes seems stable.
The S6 Edge however is dropping connection again now that steering is enabled. Just like it was. Has been fine with steering disabled. Yes, it is on the latest firmware update.
After a couple of days of relative stability* on the new firmware, one of the discs started dropping 3 of my Nest cameras off the network on and off over a period of about an hour then finally spat them off completely (nothing at all in the logs for that disc at that time). Had to restart the disc and they reconnected (eventually)
Since this isn't really any use for security cameras I'll need to look for another solution. Can anyone offer any recommendations of decent, stable, compatible mesh wifi solutions? (E.g. Google, Netgear, Ubiquiti offereings etc...)
* Signal strengths for the affected devices typically between -51 and -61 dBm
To be honest the whole thing is so fragile I daren't change the setting again. They were pretty un-stable with the steering disabled, but it's very variable. Sometimes they'd be fine for days, other times they'd drop every few minutes and could take over an hour again to re-connect at all.
Yes, with all steering disabled, I don't appear to have any connection issues with the S6 Edge. This was before the recent update, I have only just turned it off again this morning. Appears to be working at the moment. Even after the update, with steering enabled, I was getting constant dropouts still (honestly making the device unusable as they were so frequent).