cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrX911
Contributor
Message 131 of 168

Re: Very close to returning my 2nd BT Whole Home WiFi...

Nope cant access it when wifi goes down. 

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 132 of 168

Have you tried rebooting your router ?

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 133 of 168

Yep several times and no issues with router connection to the net

0 Ratings
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 134 of 168

Excellent news.

After almost two months pleased to report my IOS iPhone App is now working as before.

Steps I took:

1. Removed the App from my iPhone.

2. Updated the Wholehome Discs via the web interface to the latest 1.02.04 build 10 firmware.

3. Allowed then all (x4) to reboot etc, then turned them all for c 2 mins - then turned just the master one on 1st.

4. Reinstalled the updated IOS app on my iPhone.

5. Using the iPhone App then went through the auto process of renaming the Discs, nothing else needed to be changed/input.

So at long last delighted to report all back to normal with the addition of the IOS App also working........Got there in the end. Hopefully BT will learn from this as underneath it all the mesh product is pretty damm good.

0 Ratings
MangoMan2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 135 of 168

Thanks Dan.

Turned on all legacy settings.

The Google Homes seems stable.

The S6 Edge however is dropping connection again now that steering is enabled. Just like it was. Has been fine with steering disabled. Yes, it is on the latest firmware update.

0 Ratings
spiderlane
Contributor
Message 136 of 168

After a couple of days of relative stability* on the new firmware, one of the discs started dropping 3 of my Nest cameras off the network on and off over a period of about an hour then finally spat them off completely (nothing at all in the logs for that disc at that time). Had to restart the disc and they reconnected (eventually)

Since this isn't really any use for security cameras I'll need to look for another solution. Can anyone offer any recommendations of decent, stable, compatible mesh wifi solutions? (E.g. Google, Netgear, Ubiquiti offereings etc...)

Cheers,

Mark 

* Signal strengths for the affected devices typically between -51 and -61 dBm

Highlighted
MangoMan2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 137 of 168

spiderlane - please update us on what you find in terms of an alternative product. Sorry, I can't help, but am eager to know what you choose and how it works out. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 138 of 168

@MangoMan2020@spiderlane

Just out of interest, do they connect with the steering disabled again ?

0 Ratings
spiderlane
Contributor
Message 139 of 168

Hi @Steve59

To be honest the whole thing is so fragile I daren't change the setting again. They were pretty un-stable with the steering disabled, but it's very variable. Sometimes they'd be fine for days, other times they'd drop every few minutes and could take over an hour again to re-connect at all. 

0 Ratings
MangoMan2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 140 of 168

@Steve59

Yes, with all steering disabled, I don't appear to have any connection issues with the S6 Edge. This was before the recent update, I have only just turned it off again this morning. Appears to be working at the moment. Even after the update, with steering enabled, I was getting constant dropouts still (honestly making the device unusable as they were so frequent).

0 Ratings