cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 141 of 168

Re: Very close to returning my 2nd BT Whole Home WiFi...

@MangoMan2020

I'd be interested to see your system logs for the S6 Edge problem - which build number do you have currently on the phone?

Samsung fixed the issue with reliability on multi access point networks in the latest software which we've seen has resolved the issue for everyone (or not if you're still seeing the same issue).

0 Ratings
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 142 of 168

so far, so good 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 143 of 168

@Dan-O- so far, so good!

0 Ratings
spiderlane
Contributor
Message 144 of 168

Another dropout, this time it logged something though

02.03.2018 14:39:21 [2 4 2] IF[2.4G]:STA(18:B4:30:D7:B7:CF) had disassociated,reason is 8
02.03.2018 14:39:21 [2 4 2] IF[2.4G]:STA(18:B4:30:D7:B7:CF) had deauthenticated,reason is 3
02.03.2018 14:39:46 [2 4 2] IF[2.4G]:STA(18:B4:30:D7:B7:CF) had associated successfully,rssi is -56
02.03.2018 14:39:47 [4 5 1] IF[2.4G]:STA(18:b4:30:d7:b7:cf) set key done in WPA2/WPA2PSK

Any ideas what those reason codes are?

0 Ratings
TonyFrend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 145 of 168

Getting duplicate chromecast/google home device listings via my Android app since the last firmware/app update. Did not see this with the previous versions. Kit speaker is listed twice as being off-line as well as being listed as on-line - very odd.

Screenshot_2018-03-06_065313.jpg

0 Ratings
TonyFrend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 146 of 168

1. On Saturday afternoon, I performed a full reset on all three discs of my installation. 
  2. For about 40 hours everything was rock solid. All three discs remained connected and no drop outs for any of my devices (including my 6 Google Home/Chromecast Devices). This was the most stable performance since I fisrt installed the network (with the previous firmware version).
  3. This morning one of my discs (my Hall Way disc) was showing as disconnected (red) in my android app but when I went to investigate the disc it was showing a steady blue LED.
  4. A restart of the network (via the app) fixed the issue and now all 3 discs are fine and all expected devices are connected.
  5. I would send you the log file but I did not realise that the log file is wiped when you perform a network restart. Must remember this in future Smiley Sad It would be useful if the app and the web UI warned the user to take a copy of the log file before restarting the network.
0 Ratings
TonyFrend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 147 of 168

Had a bizarre thing happen this morning. This was approximately 24 hours since I last restarted the network and just over 60 hours since I had reset all my discs/network.

One of my discs (Hallway) was showing as disconnected (red) in the Android app and Web UI. This was the same disc that 'disconnected' about 24 hours ago. After a few minutes, this disc showed as connected and another disc (Dining Room) showed as disconnected. Downloaded the log file and was about to restart the network when all three discs showed as connected. During all this time, the LEDs on all the discs showed a steady blue LED. 

Restarted the network anyway as did not trust the statuses shown by the app or Web UI. 

It would be good to be able to download log files via the app as well as the Web UI as it was a pain this morning to have to log onto my laptop and load the Web UI and download the log file from there.

0 Ratings
MG88
Message 148 of 168

Same problem since end of February 2018. Iphones, ipads all iOS 11. Amazon echo and fire tv
0 Ratings
DavR0s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 149 of 168

Bought 4discs late last year that worked well until I took the latest firmware v1.02.04 build10 about 10 days ago and since then endless problems.  Disc drop connection with each other, devices  drop off the network and requires me to restart the whole thing.  It's become so unstable that it's proving to be more problematic than beneficial.  So if the BT guy is still watching this thread what's the latest situation with this release?  And what can I do about tHess continued problems.  It is/was marketed as a plug and play system but it certainly isn't given experiences to date. (Also running the app on the iPad no longer works even after a reinstall)

0 Ratings
Joshbear11
Contributor
Message 150 of 168

Joining in here. Since the last firmware the my network of 6 disks is totally unreliable. I have reset router, reset the disk network and reconnected them one at a time and used the app to restart the network. It works and then randomly drops out. Come on BT sort this out ridiculous problem to have created.
0 Ratings