cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Virgin Media Hub 3.0, ethernet connection and modem mode

Hi All (new to the forum and a bit of a technophobe so apologies for the novice question).

Have installed/connected a BT Whole Home 3x disc pack (all 3 discs, each in different rooms, connected to  the VM hub via an unmanaged switch to an ethernet port in each 3 room.

I've changed the BT mesh network name/password to match the VM Hub.

Do I HAVE TO change the VM Hub 3.0 to modem  mode?  (as  I've read elsewhere on the forum that the VM Hub 3.0 in Modem Mode is not compatible with the BT mesh system.

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Virgin Media Hub 3.0, ethernet connection and modem mode

As you are a virgin customer you need to raise the question on the virgin customer forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

What Whole Home system are you using ?
Whole Home Original, Whole home Mini or Whole Home Premium ?
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

If you are a BT customer i.e you have purchased a Whole Home system you are in the correct place.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

@lnajr02 

Sorry I disagree as the help you need is from someone who has a working knowledge of the Virgin router which you will most likely find on the equivalent virgin forum .  You could of course phone the BT customer service phone number which would come with the disc instructions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Hi Inajr02

Good to see common sense prevail.  

In response to your question, I purchased a BT Whole Home system (3 discs).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Thank You Keith
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Hi 1AKY,

We have the Whole Home system and a Virgin Hub 3. The Virgin hub should be in router mode not modem mode - the BT system does not include router functionality it just acts as a Wi-Fi access point. If you have the same Wi-Fi SSID on the discs as on the Virgin box, make sure to turn off the W-Fi on the Virgin box otherwise the two networks may interfere.

I would be most interested to hear how you get on with regards to stability. We have the BT master disc plugged directly into the Virgin Hub 3 (no switch) and the system resets every few hours. I have posted another thread to discuss this. It appears that the LAN port on the Virgin Hub 3 can be unreliable in certain circumstances.

0 Ratings