cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

WIfi 600 Extender not working: possible Youview Box inteference?

We have a BT Home Hub 3.

We also have a youview Box; and due to an internet dead zone in the end of the house, we ended up getting a BT Broadband Extender 600.

Unfortunately, whenever both are plugged in, i.e. the Extender and the Youview box; the Extender seems to cut out, leaving me with no connection at all. Is there any way to fix this?

Specifically, the BT Broadband Extender 600 data "bar" drops from a solid green to dark green (I am assuming this means no data at all.)

Furthermore, my desktop computer (the computer relying upon the Extender 600) is absent from the BT Home Hub Devices section, and is not deemed to be connected to the Internet.

I have had the Extenders for nearly a month, and they have worked FANTASTICALLY

24/7 since I got them. Then, we try and use Youview as well....and boom, no Wifi (but the Youview is working fine).

If anyone can help...please; driving me nuts

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: WIfi 600 Extender not working: possible Youview Box inteference?

Hi @Tokugawa

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry you're having problems with your BT Broadband extender 600.  You can use this link to download the >> Broadband Extender 600 User Guide <<

You can also get the number for technical support for the product in the user guide too.  For your convenience, it's 0800 100 6116.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

As a guess, I would say that the multicast data sent to the YouView box, is also appearing on the port that is connected to the extender 600, causing it to overload.

Is the YouView box wired directly to one port of the home hub, and the extender connected to another?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Bit confused by what you mean by "wired." Do you mean, connected to the BT Home Hub via ethernet cable? Then yes, The Youview box is connected to one port of HH and the extender to another.

I spoke to BT customer support who were adamant that there the youview box should not be affecting the Wifi 600 Extender at all. I actually fixed it (somehow, sheer luck) and now after 5 days, its gone buggy again
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

This recent post by one of the TV experts may shed some light on the problem.

Why am I seeing constant data on my devices?

This has been a recent change, and its possible that the extender cannot cope with this extra traffic, as it does not have the ability to do IGMP snooping.

The only way around this would be to try a managed or smart Ethernet switch, between the Ethernet port of the home hub, and the Extender, that will do IGNP snooping.

This is of course, added expense of about £25.

0 Ratings