cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

What do I plug the mini hub into when I lose broadband, I use a desk top computer. No IT experience

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: What do I plug the mini hub into when I lose broadband, I use a desk top computer. No IT experi

Think of the mini hub as a spare home hub, except this one connects to the 4G mobile network, rather than through your phone line.

It simply requires power to keep the battery charged, just look for available wi-fi networks and the mini hub will show up, connect to it and enter the password supplied with the mini hub.

If your PC is hard wired through an ethernet cable, does your mini hub have the ethernet connection on the back ? older models didn't so you might have to use wi-fi only until your fault is fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: What do I plug the mini hub into when I lose broadband, I use a desk top computer. No IT experi

Do I look in settings for network. Don't know what an ethernet cable/connection is, only cable on mini hub is a USB cable. Sorry OAP at work!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Is it a PC you're trying to connect and do you have any other devices like a mobile phone, laptop etc ?

There's also a guide on the BT help pages, click the following text Using the 4G Mini Hub for BT Halo customers 

0 Ratings