Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

What type ethernet cable do I need?

Go to solution

Its to run from a port on back of bt hub 6 to my firestick ethernet adaptor. As I'm going from wirless to wired for better connection. I am looking online but there are so many types, cat5, cat6, rj45 connection etc. I just want to know what lead and lead connection type I need. TY

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: What type ethernet cable do I need?

Go to solution

@Caerphillywrote:

Its to run from a port on back of bt hub 6 to my firestick ethernet adaptor. As I'm going from wirless to wired for better connection. I am looking online but there are so many types, cat5, cat6, rj45 connection etc. I just want to know what lead and lead connection type I need. TY

Hi @Caerphilly   Minimum recommended cat5e with RJ45 plugs or sockets (then run patch leads). Cat6 is more future proof. Internal or external grade depending on the cable run. You can buy full kits from places like a well known auction site.

Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for the super quick reply.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Caerphilly wrote:

The cheapest you can find will be fine for such an application, you just need RJ45 to RJ45.

0 Ratings