cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony404
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Where is the "Find" button on BT3560 cordless phone?

Go to solution

My elderly mother recently bought a single BT3560 cordless phone, and I bought her an additional BT3560 handset so that she could have an extra phone in another room. In order to register this new phone the manual says "At the base press and hold the 'Find' button for 5 seconds until you hear a beep". But where is this "Find" button? I cannot see it on the base station or the original handset, and it is not mentioned anywhere in the manual except where it says "press it".

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Where is the "Find" button on BT3560 cordless phone?

Go to solution

@Tony404 

It would be this button on the base, its also used for locating a handset.

It look like its possibly the black button on the left.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Tony404
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

That "picture" is totally useless as it does not tell me where that button is in relation to the other buttons. There is no button that matches the image given in the manual, and the fact that it is the same button that is used to locate a handset is totally useless - I want to know where the button is, not how many uses it has. Your statement "It look like its possibly the black button on the left" means that you are guessing. I would like to see an image of the whole phone which has an arrow which points to the exact position of this mythical button. Having a black button with no markings which is hiding somewhere on a black phone is not very clever at all.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Try calling the helpdesk.

There must be a button somewhere, I was only looking at the picture and the manual, and it looked like there was a button there.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Your attitude is uncalled for, the people offering advice on this forum are not BT employees nor are they being paid to help, they are simply customers spending their own time to help others and receive no reward for doing so.

The button you seek is not on any handset, it is on the base unit right in front of your eyes if you open them

Tags (1)
Tony404
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

When I ask the question "Where is the FIND button" I expect a useful answer, and I'm afraid that a picture of an unidentifiable black blob with a circle in it simply does not qualify. It does not tell me WHERE on the base unit it is located.

I am afraid that YOUR answer where you say "it is on the base unit right in front of your eyes if you open them" is just as useless. Below is a diagram of the base station taken from the User Guide. So where is this mythical FIND button?

BT3560-Base-Unit.png

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

You'll get no help from anyone talking to people like that.

JohnC2
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Tony404 sorry you are unable to register the additional handset. Those answering most likely do not have this model and are working from the user guide to try and help you. You should call the product helpdesk as they are best placed to help you. They can be contacted on 0800 745 6789 Mon-Fri 9am- 5.30pm and Sat 9am-2pm. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Tony404
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you. A useful answer at last.
0 Ratings
Tony404
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

After chatting to the Help Desk I found the missing button! It is not labelled "FIND" at all - it exists on the underside of the base unit with the WiFi symbol, as shown in the following diagram:BT3560-Find-Button.png

The person who put together the Use Guide was obviously looking at the wrong phone!