cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Where is the setup in MyBT app?

I have a snarthub 2 and black WiFi discs. How do you set them up? I did a quick Google and it says in MyBT app to goto "more> your WiFi" but I can't see that on my iOS app. It's the latest version.

How do you do the location test and setup please?
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Where is the setup in MyBT app?

@QoQwrote:
I have a snarthub 2 and black WiFi discs. How do you set them up? I did a quick Google and it says in MyBT app to goto "more> your WiFi" but I can't see that on my iOS app. It's the latest version.

How do you do the location test and setup please?

Hi @QoQ. Look for three dots . . . More, bottom right hand side. Obviously make sure you are using the latest MyBT app. I used my iPad to set mine up and have to say it was incredibly easy and intuitive.

I should have said you may have to connect your IOS device to the new SH2 to see the Your wi-fi network. 

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

I'm in the 3 dots/more menu but nothing there. This is when I'm connected at home to my WiFi. Can you show me on your app please, I'm on latest on iPhone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 10

@QoQ wrote:
I'm in the 3 dots/more menu but nothing there. This is when I'm connected at home to my WiFi. Can you show me on your app please, I'm on latest on iPhone.

You must first plug the disc into the Smart Hub 2 with the Ethernet cable supplied. Wait until a steady blue light shows. 

Remove the disc and place in your position (with it’s power supply,).....Power up and wait for a steady blue light.

MyBt should then show the disc as connected, using instructions given by Previous poster...”.@veteran “

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Plugged in, got blue light, moved it, plugged in, got blue light, no changes in MyBT app.

I found a video on YouTube for setup, it said once blue light when connected to hub 2, then you move and press "location test" then plug it in, I can't see any of that at all in my ap

IMG_0806.jpeg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 10

Select “about the app”.

It should be version 8.1.4

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Yes that's my version. Can you screenshot to show the setup please?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @QoQ. So to check you have your iPhone connected to the new SH2 by wi-fi. You are logged in with your BT ID on My BT 8.1.4. 

IMG_0135.PNG

IMG_0136.PNG

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Thanks. Don't have the services in my list...strange
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 10 of 10

@QoQwrote:
Thanks. Don't have the services in my list...strange

Hi @QoQ, call the helpdesk. It sounds like your account may not be properly linked to your Complete Wi-Fi service which is why it's not showing up on your app. They'll be able to sort you out.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.