cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Which Admin Password ??

Go to solution

Hi everyone

I have 3 sets of dual pack BT whole home WiFi disca (large white discs), 2 of the discs out of the 6 discs are new, bought a fee days ago to supplement the original 4 discs.

When trying to connect the two new discs to the group, the app asks for the "admin password" but each pair of discs has its own unique "admin password" so i have 3 sets of admin passwords.

Which admin password do i use to add the new discs? I thought to use the admin password of the "Master disc" which is permanently connected by ethernet cable to the router. That doesn't work, so tried password from 2nd disc set, didn't work! Now I've just tried the admin password from the back of the new set of discs, that didn't work either!!!

Really! Then what admin password do i use? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Which Admin Password ??

Go to solution

@Richie12345 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

It would be best to give the WHW product helpdesk a call on 0808 100 6116 ( Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com and they'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

You only need to add one admin password from one set or one disc once.

Take one disc connect it to your router and set it up via the app, the admin password is the one on the back of it, this is how you create your master disc, you can then ignore every other admin password on any of the other discs. You WIFI network will now be the SSID and Password on the back of this master disc, addon disks will need to adopt these credentials to MESH.

Once the master disc is added you can then just use the add disc wizard from within the app, however you may run into issues with the other discs as they are 2 disc sets, IE they will be preconfigured to their set.

My advice would be to just factory reset an 'addon' disc using the pin in the back, hold it if whilst switched on for 10 seconds, connect it to your router and let it boot up, it will then pull the details from the master disc and itll show up in the app as 'New Disk', you can then name it etc.....then I assume you want to MESH, so go position that disc somewhere else and itll find the master disc over WIFI and then repeat the WIFI.

Although this doesnt use the wizard to add a disc which helps you find the best location it just tends to work. You can try the wizard of adding disc all the same if you like.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks. All working now!

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Lovely stuff, if what I said helped please do make it a solved, helps me and everyone else 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings