cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Whole Home (Adding Discs) - Firmware Update Keeps Crashing App

Go to solution

Hi,

I’ve had a 2 x (larger) disc Whole Home set-up for the last 6 years which has worked OK. Both discs are directly connected to the router via CAT5 cabling (they are in separate rooms connected via CAT5 sockets etc.)

I’ve purchased a 3 x disc WH Mini additional as we have areas in the home where there are thick stone walls and we need better reception.

The problem I’m finding is trying to add the latest 3 mini discs.

My phone is running Android 13 and the app keeps crashing. I closed it down and started again to no avail so uninstalled it and then reinstalled but experienced the same problem.

I’ve also tried using my 2021 Chromebook, running Android 13 and again experienced similar issues.

Basically when booting up the app (on both) I’m getting ‘Essential Update Needed’ with an ‘Update Firmware’ button to press.

When hitting the Update Firmware button it then leads to a ‘Check Each Disc’ screen and again, another ‘Update Firmware’ button to press.

When you press that it shows Downloading Updates (with 3 moving white dots) for approx 3 seconds before crashing and killing off the app. This occurs on both app versions on the mobile and Chromebook?

I’m assuming that a firmware update is needed to the existing 2 x larger WH disc set-up before the app will progress onto allowing the ‘add disc’ menu option so I can add the 3 mini WH discs ?

Does anyone have any idea why this is so and how to get over it please.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whole Home (Adding Discs) - Firmware Update Keeps Crashing App

Go to solution

I may be incorrect but I think that the mini discs are not compatible with the larger ones?

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Conks01 

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/What-disc-do-I-have-BT-Complete-Wi-Fi-or-BT-Whole-Home-Mini/t...

"Please note, the discs are only compatible with discs from the same product range.  So you can't use Whole Home Wi-Fi with Mini Whole Home Wi-Fi, for example."

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Conks01 and thanks for posting.

Both @Keith_Beddoe and @Rob53 are correct. The discs aren't compatible, sorry about that.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Doh! - OK and thanks all. That will be a sale on Ebay then....
0 Ratings