Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ceebee1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Whole Home - Block a device from guest network only

Go to solution

I have a 3 disk Whole Home system and I'd like to be able to block devices from joining my guest network but still allow them access to the main network!!!!

Here's why: Normally my son's iPad is on the "main" network, however, when I pause the main wifi network to get him to do his homework, he has figured out that all he has to do is join the guest network.

Am I right in thinking that blocking his device will block it from BOTH networks?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Whole Home - Block a device from guest network only

Go to solution

Would the best way not be to take his iPad off him until he learns to do his homework and who is boss Smiley Wink

BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @ceebee1

Yes - blocking will block from both networks. Pausing will only affect the main Wi-Fi network.

I would suggest in your situation the best option may be to change the password of the guest network to something unknown to your son so he can't use the guest network.

Dan-O

ceebee1
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply and the "solution." I had already thought of that work around. Perhaps an idea for a future software update - the ability to choose which network to block a device from?

0 Ratings
ceebee1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

Would the best way not be to take his iPad off him until he learns to do his homework and who is boss Smiley Wink

Thanks for the parenting advice

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@ceebee1 wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

Thanks for the parenting advice

You are welcome. I bet if he is at all tech savy he will find a work around for the "solution". Does he have access to BTWifi, does your neigbours wifi reach your house and do they have kids who could give him access to their wifi. Does he have a phone he could tether,  etc etc.

0 Ratings