cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

Whole Home Discs - using Ethernet Port to connect desktop PC

Go to solution

Hi... I have a 2 Disc Whole Home WiFi setup... Disc one is downstairs with my Home Hub connected to it and Disc two is upstairs in my office. I get great Wifi coverage right across the house.

However my desktop PC in my office does not have a WLAN card, so I have homeplugs (Devolo dLAN 1200+) connecing the PC to the Home Hub. But I am only getting 150Mbps at most 😞 ... I'm guessing this is due to the wiring from upstairs to downstairs, as I can get close to 1Gbps from the living room to the Home Hub.

So I tried connecting the desktop to the Ethernet port on Disc two in the office... but I don't get a connection?!? ... I have tried using a switch, x-over cable, factory resetting the Disc, etc... bu no joy.

Looking at other posts, I believe this should work ok;... so is my Disc 2 knackered? ... or am I missing something?

EDIT/UPDATE: ok so I have just answered my owen question. I tried swapping the Discs round... and the Ethernet port on Disc two is knackered!!! .... PC & switch  to Disc one = link; Home Hub to Disc two = nothing.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: Whole Home Discs - using Ethernet Port to connect desktop PC

Go to solution

EDIT/UPDATE: ok so I have just answered my owen question. I tried swapping the Discs round... and the Ethernet port on Disc two is knackered!!! .... PC & switch  to Disc one = link; Home Hub to Disc two = nothing.

Thanks for posting how you resolved this issue as it may help other users.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings