cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abshenton
Message 1 of 2

Whole Home Discs - using Ethernet Port to connect desktop PC

Go to solution

Hi... I have a 2 Disc Whole Home WiFi setup... Disc one is downstairs with my Home Hub connected to it and Disc two is upstairs in my office. I get great Wifi coverage right across the house.

However my desktop PC in my office does not have a WLAN card, so I have homeplugs (Devolo dLAN 1200+) connecing the PC to the Home Hub. But I am only getting 150Mbps at most 😞 ... I'm guessing this is due to the wiring from upstairs to downstairs, as I can get close to 1Gbps from the living room to the Home Hub.

So I tried connecting the desktop to the Ethernet port on Disc two in the office... but I don't get a connection?!? ... I have tried using a switch, x-over cable, factory resetting the Disc, etc... bu no joy.

Looking at other posts, I believe this should work ok;... so is my Disc 2 knackered? ... or am I missing something?

EDIT/UPDATE: ok so I have just answered my owen question. I tried swapping the Discs round... and the Ethernet port on Disc two is knackered!!! .... PC & switch  to Disc one = link; Home Hub to Disc two = nothing.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Whole Home Discs - using Ethernet Port to connect desktop PC

Go to solution

EDIT/UPDATE: ok so I have just answered my owen question. I tried swapping the Discs round... and the Ethernet port on Disc two is knackered!!! .... PC & switch  to Disc one = link; Home Hub to Disc two = nothing.

Thanks for posting how you resolved this issue as it may help other users.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings