Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Whole Home Discs

Go to solution

Hi. We live in a barn conversion which has copious amounts of “cellotex” type insulation - it’s a bit like living in a faraday cage! We have a hub6 and performance is very variable around the house so I’m planning to use Whole home discs strategically placed. However there is already a two disc system running ( very well) in an adjacent holiday let. This is served via a cat5 cable from the hub6 in our home. These discs are not detectable from inside the house so I assume any we install in the house will not be detectable in the holiday let. Can anyone foresee problems with having two Whole Home meshes running from the same hub6? Sorry if this is a bit long winded but I’d really appreciate some views. Thanks in advance. David

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Whole Home Discs

Go to solution

I can not answer your question about the mesh system but are you aware that if you do not have a separate guest network set up from your router, which as far as I am aware the HH6 does not have, your guests in your holiday let will have access to your private home network. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks. Yes I’ve got a guest network set up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If they’re connected to the same router then they will be the same system.

It won’t matter that two of the disks are connected via ethernet.

You will have to make one the primary node and the rest parent.

I would set it up so you have your main wi-fi (Main) and your guest (Main_Guest).

This way you can see both, and connect to yours and have access to your network and your guests will be isolated.

You can then choose if you want to disable wi-fi on the Smart Hub

Hope that helps, message if you have a problem

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks very much. I’ve got some discs on order and hopefully they will work fine. Any problems and I’ll be back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Great! 🤞 it all works as intended.
--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the responses to my original post. I now have three discs set up in the house and two in separate holiday let’s. My worries about having Ethernet connections to more than one disc have proved groundless - in fact I’ve now connected all three in the house via cat5 cabling and it all works perfectly. Just followed the instructions for adding new discs to existing network. Initial problem when I kept being told to disconnect an un-configured (but un-identified) disc but this issue seemed to be solved by installing latest firmware. Thanks again for advice and reassurances.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
That’s great, glad to hear it! Thanks for posting.
--