cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Whole Home Ethernet Port

Help Please. Have 3 home hubs (1 by Ethernet into virgin router and then 2 over wifi). I need to get internet down to garage area but extenders are out of range of main hub when in garage. Can I use ethernet cable on one of the extender hubs (which is on Wi-Fi) to extend to another hub (if I bought one) down to the garage? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whole Home Ethernet Port

@NadurYoungster 

Are you a BT Broadband customer or a Virgin Media customer?

I am assuming that when you mention the BT hubs, you are referring the the BT Whole Home System with the white disks, that you purchased yourself?

If that is the case, then you can normally add extra discs, as long as they are of the same type.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Virgin media customer. Yes I mean the white discs. Just need to know if I can connect one of the discs which is on Wi-Fi to another one in garage via Ethernet? Have tried putting another disc in garage to connect over Wi-Fi but it is out of range. May be a black spot, so hard wiring may be required. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

If you are using either the Original (larger) WHW or the Mini WHW discs, then yes you can connect the discs using Ethernet (back to the router).

If you are using the Premium WHW, it is currently recommended to only connect using a Wi-Fi backhaul.

Thanks

Darren_B
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yep, the premium product has less features even though they advertised it with them.

What is going on with this update? 

0 Ratings