cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Whole Home Hub - No Wifi on Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205

Go to solution

I recently installed a Whole Home Wifi system. All is good apart from my Laptop.

The Wireless adapter, Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205, runs for a very short while and then disconnects fully and shows that there are NO WIFI CONNECTIONS AVAILABLE.

I put another dongle in via the USB and it all comes to life and works fine - so its not the rest of the PC (firewalls etc)

OR

I power off the Whole Home router and it all comes to life and I can see the old HH5 (and neighbours wifi signals)

So, when I turn on the Whole Home system the Advanced-N 6205 adapter fails and sees no available signals

I have updated the driver, taken all the firewalls off, updated the Whole Home system Firmwear to the latest but as of yet - no luck

Any ideas ? Other that switch it off and put it back in the box and return to the shop ?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Whole Home Hub - No Wifi on Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205

Go to solution

You could try the drivers from here and see if it improves things.  Never rely on Windows updating drivers, they might not be the latest ones.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59471/Intel-Centrino-Advanced-N-6205-Dual-Band

0 Ratings
dgw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Might be worth checking your laptop's wifi adapter settings for compatibility. Are you also a distance from the nearest access point/disc

0 Ratings
jamiefc
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hello

I get this issue too. I have a Lenovo T430 laptop with Centrino Advanced-N 6205. 

It connects fine to the original BT Smart Hub, but when I try and connect to BT Whole Home wifi it fails to connect and then the laptop can't see any wifi until I reset the adapter (either via reboot or network troubleshooter).

I've tried drivers v15.16.0.2 and v15.18.0.1 but same result. 

Every other device in house has connected fine (Mac, IOS, Sonos, Echo, Fire stick, Android, Samsung TV). 

very strange. Still trying to find a workaround. 

J

0 Ratings
jamiefc
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Found something to try. In the adapter settings/ properties... configure the "preferred band" setting in the adapter and select 2.4Ghz. (other options are auto and 5.2Ghz - mine was auto). Setting it to 2.4 has enabled me to connet. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for all the suggestions, seems so far that the change to 2.4 Band has stabilised its connection.

Not sure the BT suggestions were helpful "not my problem you cant connect to our products" seems a customer unfriendly attitude to take when I have just paid £200 for their kit. 

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
There may be an issue with your Wi-Fi driver. You could try rolling back to an older driver from the Intel website if you want to use 5GHz.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
PAno
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Have exactly same issue with Intel 6205-n NIC. Dell laptop this time. 2.4GHz does the trick but it's not ideal as It's more prone to interference.
0 Ratings