cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Whole Home Log Query

In the process of trying to track down why one of my devices is not connecting to the closest disc I noticed a message in the system log which I did not understand.

Several of my devices are logged as "Added to the unfriendly station  list" and there are other references to "List all permanent unfriendly station "

Anybody know what the purpose of the unfriendly station list is and what the impact of being on it is.  Experientially it appears not to impact the device but keen to understand.

Thanks

Peter 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Whole Home Log Query

Hi @peterh0001 

The "unfriendly station list" is used to track devices that do not respond well to steering (when the WHW system tries to move a device from one disc to another to get a better connection). 

It means that the WHW system tried to move it to a better disc but the device chose not to or did not respond. Being on the "unfriendly" list means no further attempts will be made to move the device as it could cause disruption to service. 

It's in the logs so we can understand this behaviour if any problems are reported with specific devices.

Hope this helps.

Dan-O