Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HHNQ
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Whole Home Network - 2 networks 1 App

Go to solution

I recently purchased a Whole Home Wi-Fi Twin Pack for a house I rent out. I set this up without any issues and it is working well. I then purchased a 2nd Twin Pack to install in my own house, however when I tried to set it up the BTWholeHome app wants to remove the settings for the rental house before proceeding. Is there a way of getting the app to support 2 different networks?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Whole Home Network - 2 networks 1 App

Go to solution

Hi @HHNQ, what you're trying to do should work.

The App allows the use of 2 different networks provided they're in separate places (which I guess is your case). The settings are actually stored in the discs themselves, not the App, so whatever that messages says, no Whole Home settings would actually be lost.

The only thing that'll happen I think is that you'll be prompted for your Admin password everytime you move from one house to the other network. You may also have to close and re-open your App so it grabs the new network.

Hope this explains, but less us know.

If you're still having issues, tell us exactly what message do you get? Can you send a screenshot?

BT Device ExpertBruno
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
HHNQ
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Whole Home Network - 2 networks 1 App

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply.

I have now tested the app at both network locations. I found that on opening the app it would automatically log me in to the appropriate network (network names, passwords are different) so couldn't be easier. Perfect!