cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gadgetgeek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Whole Home Premium LEDS

Hi, I have had them whole home premium for a couple of weeks now, I did have some original problems setting up the devices, because I need to have the devices connected back t the Smart hub 2 by RJ45 and not wifi, however I got this fully working via running and additional cat5e cable from the first Disk (Master) to the Slave (as per guide). On the app both disks show connected by ethernet and are blue and show good ethernet connection. On the disks themselves, the master disk shows continuous blue as expected, but the slave disk led shows yellow, which I find very annoying, if there is the slightest wifi issue, all the other users start say that disk is yellow so must not be working properly. In my humble opinion there should be a manual option to set the disks as a master and slave-1, slave-2 etc, with the choice to take all disks back to the main hub router via cat5e rather than piggy back the second off the first. I would have to agree with other users that with a price of £250 these devices do have some issues. Is there a fix for this LED issue in the pipeline?    

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Whole Home Premium LEDS

Hi,

Just to confirm, your secondary disc has an Ethernet connection to the primary disc but is showing an orange LED? 

I will look into this for you. It may be because the discs always connect the Wi-Fi as well as a backup but it has a weak Wi-Fi connection.

Dan-O

0 Ratings