cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattyod
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Whole Home. Unable to get past naming a device.

Hi. Purchased the 3 unit Whole Home kit today. Downloaded the app (IOS) and tried following the instructions with two seperate disks. Plugged them in, attached to Home Hub 5 with ethernet cable, got blue light underneath. Can't get passed the 'Choose a name for your disc' screen. It just keeps  saying 'There was no response from your network. Please try again in a few minutes'.

I've seen some other threads mention of going to http://mybtdevice.home/ but that I just get:

This site can’t be reached

mybtdevice.home’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I've tried restarting apps and discs.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Whole Home. Unable to get past naming a device.

Hi @mattyod sorry you are having a problem with your Whole Home Wifi system.

Please contact the product helpdesk on phone: 0808 100 6116 Mon-Fri 9.00am to 5.30pm and Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm or by email btconnectedhome@bt.com and they will be able to help you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Whole Home. Unable to get past naming a device.

@mattyodwrote:

Hi. Purchased the 3 unit Whole Home kit today. Downloaded the app (IOS) and tried following the instructions with two seperate disks. Plugged them in, attached to Home Hub 5 with ethernet cable, got blue light underneath. Can't get passed the 'Choose a name for your disc' screen. It just keeps  saying 'There was no response from your network. Please try again in a few minutes'.

Hard to say from this short description of the problem, but you should only plug your first disc (the one connecting to the Hub 5 with the ethernet cable), then let the app take you through plugging the other 2.

If you don't do this in the right order, it's possible that your App is connecting to one of the disc that isn't yet properly installed. I think that would also explain the mybtdevice.home not working.

Maybe add some more detail if you think your issue is something else.

0 Ratings