cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Whole Home WIFI - Discs will not stay paired

Hi all,

I am trying to setup BT Whole Home WIFI, with Dual-Band AC2600 Discs (3 discs). I have a Smart Hub 2

I am following the instructions in the app, and cannot get past setting up the first disc.

Here's what happens:

-Connect disc to Smart Hub via ethernet cable
-Power on disc
-After a minute or so, the light goes blue
-Then I disconnect ethernet cable
-The light goes red*

*According to the instructions, the light should go back to blue shortly afterwards, however it just stays red. 

If I reboot the disc (with no ethernet cable), it goes through the startup cycle, flashes blue for a while, but always goes back to red.

Genuinely pulling my hair out with this.... Any help gratefully appreciated.  

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole Home WIFI - Discs will not stay paired

Hi @frazjc 

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi is a standalone mesh system so the first disc must remain plugged into the router via Ethernet to act as the primary node and other discs will connect via it or another disc.

In order to connect directly to the Smart Hub 2 with Wi-Fi, you'll need the Complete Wi-Fi (black discs) as the Smart Hub 2 is the primary node in this system and the black discs can connect to it as part of the mesh.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Have you tried resetting the disc and starting again? (Factory reset button on the back of the disc.)
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, I fixed it.  I thought the discs extended the existing wifi, didn't realise they had their own SSIDs. Now have the first disc wired to my smart hub. 

0 Ratings