cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianwallis
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Whole Home WIFI - IP V6 settings

Are there any settings to enable IPv6 on the Whole Home WIFI? I am trying to use a number of IOT security devices that worked OK in my home before we installed the Whole Home WIFI, the customer support for these devices are telling me this is due to the IPv6 settings - see below.

(Please note, I am using the Whole Home WIFI discs with a Virgin Media router, I am not connected to the BT network)

Thanks

Message from customer support.

We are asking about the BT 's IPv6 settings. If this setting isn't enabled correctly then you'll be able to add 1 Device but unable to add additional ones. This specific setting needs to be on for the BT since it is providing the wireless connection for the products you are testing and it's new to your network configuration.  It is common for this setting to be disabled or not properly enabled by default. If you don't know how to check this setting then please contact the support team for the BT product to assist you.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
jrhop
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Whole Home WIFI - IP V6 settings

I don’t believe there is any support for this, however I have a sky router which issues ipv6 DHCP addresses to my devices, these can communicate on ipv6 only when connected to the BT whole home, as I tested this with ipv4 disabled, so in theory it should work. Might be best to phone or email the BT support team.

0 Ratings