cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bearddude
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Whole Home WIFI device affinity to disc

Hello, I'm sure this must have been asked before, and I suspect the answer is 'no', but is there any way to force a device to attach to a specific Whole Home disc?

I have a Ring security camera set-up where the 2 cameras were each connected to different discs and those connections were logical - i.e. the signal strengths were good to the discs and it so haoppened that those discs were physically closest to the cameras. However, after having my phone/broadband point moved by an engineer to a different part of the house I then repositioned my discs. Now both of my cameras are connected to my main disc and one of them is effectively unusable with a signal strength of -73 even though it's within 12 feet and line of sight of another disc which has excellent performance. 

Before I start messing about powering things off, reconnecting to networks etc. is there any way of forcing a device's connection to a specific disc? If not, can someone at BT please consider this as an enhancement request for that feature?

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
jrhop
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Whole Home WIFI device affinity to disc

I have a similar issue with an airplay speaker in the kitchen with another disc and the speaker connects to the main disc in the lounge, despite being a weaker signal. Is it a 2.4GHz device? You can try disabling legacy steering or steering altogether by logging into your whole from a pc/laptop and then going to mybtdevice.home/steering.htm
0 Ratings