Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 1 of 5

Whole Home Wi-Fi App with iOS 12

Hi all,

As you may be aware, along with the launch of the new iPhones - Apple are also releasing iOS 12 to the majority of existing devices. Before you upgrade, please be aware we have identified an issue with the BTWholeHome iOS app on iOS 12 during the beta which can prevent you from using the keyboard in the app (e.g. renaming devices, groups, schedules). This is also likely to be present in the release version of iOS 12.

We already have a fix in early engineering stages and will release as soon as our testing/trials process has been completed. Please bear this in mind before updating to iOS 12.

Thanks,

Dan-O

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john9411
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whole Home Wi-Fi App with iOS 12

Have been reading BT forums before committing to Whole Home wifi. Has this IOS problem been resolved please?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @john9411

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Yes, this iOS isssue has been resolved Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
john9411
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for swift response. I am still undecided on the Whole Home as people still seem to be having problems.

Currently have TP Link W9980 which is very good except for wifi coverage. HH6 gives me the wifi coverage but is otherwise no good (little configuration, no Guest and cannot cope with 2 users watching video/TV/gaming even over ethernet- unless I have a 'duff' one)! Currently supplementing wifi with a BT WAP but even that is not consistent. Have tried using HH6 as WAP but as other have found whilst giving excellent coverage it is unreliable; obviously that is not what it is meant for.

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

@john9411wrote:

Thanks for swift response. I am still undecided on the Whole Home as people still seem to be having problems.

I don't think you'll ever find a system where no-one is having problems 🙂 Especially if you look at forums which are designed to raise problems. There's lots of good feedback on Amazon reviews, and a lot less people complaining on this forum compared to a few months ago.

Tough choice as there's lots of good products out there. But whole home wi-fi works well for me.

0 Ratings