Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EddieBoy
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Whole Home Wi-Fi Disc. Connection to Home Hub

Go to solution

I hope someone can help as i have spent ages on the phone and got no sense (or help) from the various BT technical depts. 

How do you synch a Whole Home Wi-Fi Disc with a Home Hub 5 - Type A router ? 

The disc is brand new, the router older. I assumed ( ha ha !) that the 2 would seamlessly connect and give me extended wi-fi coverage upstairs.

Following the instructions i plugged in the new disk & connected it with the router via an ethernet cable. The led light turned blue and then i connected it to the app on my phone using the BTWholeHome-FCQ network and the password on the back of the disc. Happy Days i thought.  i then took the disc upstairs, plugged it in, removed the ethernet capable and NOTHING - just a red light & no extended wi-fi.

am i missing something obvious ? should i have selected my existing BT wifi settings ? what's happening ?

any ideas would be most appreciated.

EddieBoy

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Whole Home Wi-Fi Disc. Connection to Home Hub

Go to solution

Hi @EddieBoy

Welcome to the BT Community Forums.

Quick checks:

1) the wifi is turned off on the HH5.

2) one disc remains connected to the HH5 with ethernet.

Does this describe the setup that's not working?

Cheers

P.

Moonboots
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Are you just using 1 disc.

You require 2 or more to use the system

1 connects to the router and the other disc is used elsewhere to extend the wifi coverage

EddieBoy
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the posts - hugely appreciated.

Unfortunately one of my (lovely) children tried to fix the probelm as they could see how irritated i was and ended up breaking the ethernet cable. So i have a retry once i get a replacement.

0 Ratings
EddieBoy
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks all sorted now - much appreciate
0 Ratings
EddieBoy
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the help - all sorted (for) now !
0 Ratings
bingatbrin
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I have had a similar problem. I purchased two Whole home dishes to extend my wifi. When I opened the instructions I found that I had to link one of the dishes to the existing hub using a cable so I could not locate it in one of ther black spots in the house. In reality I only have one extender. This was not made clear by the BT web site and is very annoying.

Secondly, I have been told that the connection instructions are wrong. When linking the BT Hub 5 to the first dish with the cable the instruction says the cable should be inserted into one of the yellow ports on the back of the hub. This has been challenged and it should be connected to the red port. Can anybody confirm this?

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@bingatbrinwrote:

Secondly, I have been told that the connection instructions are wrong. When linking the BT Hub 5 to the first dish with the cable the instruction says the cable should be inserted into one of the yellow ports on the back of the hub. This has been challenged and it should be connected to the red port. Can anybody confirm this?

Yellow port is absolutely fine for me (Hub 5 too).

0 Ratings