cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Whole Home Wi-Fi v1.02.13 build06 Early Adopter Release

Hi All,

Whole Home Wi-Fi v1.02.13 build06 Early Adopter Release

Maintenance Release v1.02.13 build06 has been made available on the firmware server as an Early Adopter release on Monday 18th October 2021 for Whole Home Wi-Fi.

Changes since v1.0.2.12 build06:

• A fix to resolve 2.4GHz device setup mode incorrectly showing as 'Enabled' although it is actually disabled
  • Status of Ethernet disc now shown correctly on GUI Overview screen
  • Schedules no longer deleted and removed if user pauses the app and hits TROUBLESHOOT screen
  • General security and stability improvements
    • The following security patches:-
    • CVE-2021-20090 - a path traversal vulnerability in the web interfaces
    • CVE-2020-24588 - aggregation attack (accepting non-SPP A-MSDU frames)
    • CVE-2020-24587 - mixed key attack (reassembling fragments encrypted under different keys)
    • CVE-2020-24586 - fragment cache attack (not clearing fragments from memory when (re)connecting to a network)

Early Adopter

This feature allows you to opt-in to receive firmware upgrades ahead of full release to try out new features/firmware.

In order to receive Early Adopter updates, you need to follow these steps:

1. Ensure your firmware version is v1.02.08 build02 or later- If your discs contain firmware older than v1.02.08 build02 then please contact the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or  email btconnectedhome@bt.com for help in upgrading them.
  2. Using a web browser, go to http://btwhole.home
  3. Log in with your password, then go to System > Firmware Updates
  4. Change the Early Adopter setting to "Enabled" (see below)
  5. Next time you check for updates with the app or web interface, your system will be able to access the Early Adopter upgrade.

PaddyB_0-1634564182324.png

NOTE: You can disable Early Adopter at any time but this will not automatically move your system back to the previous version. To do this you will need to use Firmware Rollback (found at http://btwhole.home/rollback.htm) and factory reset your system.

Standard upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for a few hours to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning orange and blue and short drops in connection. If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to tamper with its layout or network configuration

Thanks,

Paddy

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Whole Home Wi-Fi v1.02.13 build06 Early Adopter Release

Hi Paddy,

It's Darren here. If I factory reset my disks and start my set up from scratch, will it removes lasts night's firmware update. 

The firmware update is not compatible, according to the Wi-Fi 6 whole home app.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

@DarrenHutchings As per Paddy's post, you can roll it back by following these instructions.

NOTE: You can disable Early Adopter at any time but this will not automatically move your system back to the previous version. To do this you will need to use Firmware Rollback (found at http://btwhole.home/rollback.htm) and factory reset your system.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Thanks for replying Neil.

Will I need to click that link on a device connected to my network?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

@DarrenHutchings Yes, you'll need to be on a device that's connected to your Whole Home wifi network.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

The link is a dead end,

What's next?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Hi @DarrenHutchings, sorry that link doesn't work. It would be best to get in touch with the WHW product helpdesk. 

Give them a call on: 0808 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm).

They'll be able to help you further with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Hi Darren.

Do you have BT Whole Home Wifi 6 discs?  The update announced in this thread is for BT Whole Home Wifi 1 (the white discs), not BT Whole Home Wifi 6 (the dark grey discs).

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Good news that there’s an update. Anyone upgrade their gen 1 BTWH disks?

@MurrayB  @PaddyB  @JohnC2 @NeilO Does this update any of the Wi-Fi security vulnerabilities? Frag attacks etc?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Really glad to see there is an update on this oldest product. I normally jump at testing these when the disks used to be unstable but im finding Wi-Fi v1.02.12 build02 very stable for me currently. I have over 120 days uptime on all 3 disks with no speed issues or disconnects, so I will wait unti its final released. Considering i used to reboot them at least weekly, thats amazing 🙂

Unrelated to this update - but I also found that everything has been really stable since reading a few recommendations to disable "Legacy Steering" so now only devices supporting IEEE 802.11k and 802.11v are steered natively, which is most likely going to be modern devices that move e.g. laptops, tablets, mobiles etc

0 Ratings