cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Whole Home Wi-Fi v1.02.13 build07 Full Release

Maintenance Release v1.02.13 build07 has been made available on the firmware server as a Full Release on Monday 15th November 2021 for Whole Home Wi-Fi.

Changes since v1.0.2.12 build02:

• A fix to resolve 2.4GHz device setup mode incorrectly showing as 'Enabled' although it is actually disabled
  • Status of Ethernet disc now shown correctly on GUI Overview screen
  • Schedules no longer deleted and removed if user pauses the app and hits TROUBLESHOOT screen
  • General security and stability improvements
  • Updated Digital Certificate for firmware upgrade server
  • The following security patches:-
    • CVE-2021-20090 - a path traversal vulnerability in the web interfaces
    • CVE-2020-24588 - aggregation attack (accepting non-SPP A-MSDU frames)
    • CVE-2020-24587 - mixed key attack (reassembling fragments encrypted under different keys)
    • CVE-2020-24586 - fragment cache attack (not clearing fragments from memory when (re)connecting to a network)

Changes since v1.0.2.13 build06 Early Adopter:

•            Updated Digital Certificate for firmware upgrade server

Standard upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for a few hours to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning orange and blue and short drops in connection. If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to tamper with its layout or network configuration

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Whole Home Wi-Fi v1.02.13 build07 Full Release

Currently getting the following message when checking for firmware updates " There was a problem completing the firmware check. Please try again in a few minutes."

Have tried updating from both GUI and android app, been like this for a few days. Have also tried updating DNS to 8.8.8.8. Appears to be resolving pbtsu.bt.motive.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: dbtsu.bt.motive.com
Address: 207.71.32.159
Aliases: pbtsu.bt.motive.com

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Hi,

Which firmware version do you have installed currently @Crickers?

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Running  v1.02.12 build02

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Is the update server down? I just connected some a set of new discs (firmware v1.02.06 build12) but both the app and http://mybtdevice.home/index.htm won't update. System logs says:

20.11.2021 20:03:06 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.

The app says "There was a problem checking for the updates."

The discs are otherwise working, albeit not showing all connected devices. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Is there an answer to this?    I'm still getting "There was a problem checking for the updates"  reported from the android app.

Answer = persistence I think...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Since upgrading I am find find BTwholehome much less stable. More frequent drop outs and app says it can't connect to BTwholehome (even though the phone is using the wifi). Restarted multiple times etc - any ideas?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

I've done a little more investigation and I believe although the server appears to be online, there seems to be a problem routing traffic from some locations. Nothing that can be done to resolve as a user, BT needs to investigate this.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Well.... persistence seemed to have paid off, and after a few more attempts all 3 devices have seemingly been updated and seem to be working. I've not seen the problems Yelekreb above has reported, but early days I guess.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Thanks for the update. After multiple restarts I have service again...for now!
0 Ratings