cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micpin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Whole Home Wi-Fi with 4G router

I’m using a 4G router, Huawei B535, for a couple of weeks but my mesh network isn’t working and the discs just flash blue  I’ve turned the router wifi off. Has anyone successfully us the BT discs with this router? If so, any tips?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NeilO
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole Home Wi-Fi with 4G router

Hi @micpin welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I found this thread where another customer has managed to set it up Whole Home wifi on a 4G router but they had to leave the fist disc connected to their router via ethernet. 

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

The Whole home product should work with any internet connection ( WH don't like VPN very much) so assuming the 4G router has a good speed, then the discs should connect with no problems, flashing Blue LED is the disc checking the Whole home firmware, I would connect the master disc to an alternative internet connection allow it to update ( solid blue ) then reconnect to 4G router, it should then update the slave discs.
0 Ratings
GW65
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

It should work fine - I use a Huawei B618s but similar to your B535.  One thing to watch out for is that one of the Ethernet ports on Huawei 4G routers is labelled LAN/WAN and the router sometimes gets a bit confused and assumes your wi-fi disc is a WAN rather than LAN connection - if you go into the router admin pages and under Ethernet Settings change it to "LAN only" the problem goes away.  (Or you could just use one of the other Ethernet ports).  I didn't have to do any reconfig on the discs, but may be worth trying a factory reset if all else fails.

Also, flashing blue light is not firmware updating (that's purple light) - it's just the discs trying to sync with the master disc (and failing)...

0 Ratings