cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamiedgwilson
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Whole Home WiFi Ethernet Connection

I’ve just bought a 3 pack whole home WiFi. Where I want to put 1 of the discs it has a ‘poor’ connection. It still works but not great speeds. Could I use a power line adapter to connect my router to this disc to give it better connection? Would this still provide the same functionality?

Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole Home WiFi Ethernet Connection

Yes you can connect to a powerline but speeds is then dictated by the powerlines, which in my case is about 25meg, way below what the BTWH connected together via 5ghz or even 2ghz wifi.  When i tried connecting a disc to a powerline it also decided to make that disc the master disc, I never got an answer from the support desk if this meant all data was sent back from easch disc to the master and then back through the powerline to my router.  A disc was also plugged directly into my router so it made no sense.

Personally I would try and relocate the discs first to see if you can get a better signal. 

0 Ratings
Jamiedgwilson
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, I'll try playing around with placement first. My speed is only 16Mb so I don't think there's much fear of the powerlines slowing it down. Is there any settings that need changed or just a simple plug it in?

0 Ratings
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Just plug it in, 16meg is very slow indeed.  Even when i get a poor signal (5ghz backhaul as it never seems to switch down to 2.4ghz) on my 3rd disc i still get well over 100meg throughput.

0 Ratings