Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xaui
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 37

Re: Whole Home WiFi Ethernet Port Issue with v1.02.04 build10

@Steve59

Yes, I get all 3 lights on the PHH, as you have pictured....

Which means the Ethernet link is up (LED 2) and the PHH has managed to talk to the outside world (LED 3) for cloud control. Yet cannot be seen from the internal network or within the WHWF App. I have also found that the Hue iOS App, says the PHH is "Out of Home Conenction", which means it can talk to it over the Internet, but not locally, which makes sense based on the LED indications.

Have you seen that too?

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 37

@xaui Stange, as the lights indicate all is well, I have seen the "out of home connection" whilst in the house but that is usually if the Home Network is busy (Downloading film etc), but I see my Hue Bridge connected on the app on the disc that is next to it, all on the latest firmware.

0 Ratings
Neils83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 37

Update, everything is still working fine on the old firmware. No official answer from BT yet?
0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 24 of 37

There is another 16 page thread about how poor 1.02.04 is and causing all sorts of issue. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Whole-Home-WiFi-firmware-update-v1-02-04-build10/td-p/1824936

No word of a fix from BT depsite the amount of people posting issues and amazingly, no ability to downgrade which would fix the issue for a lot of us. 

0 Ratings
xaui
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 37

@MrX911 Yes, I have been watching that thread too. Something certainly went wrong in this most recent build.

I have done a cold boot on my discs, but still experiencing the same behaviour on the Ethernet port. Trying to avoid a complete factory reset, as it will be  very disuptive and, so far, not convinced it will solve the issue based on others' experiences.

At risk of getting flamed, I see a lot of folks demaining downgrade options, which is a fair response when something new breaks, but as a developer my view is that having the abilty to downgrade (outside the lab at least) can result in a larger test and support burden. This will slow the release on new features and fixes. In this case I feel BT need to work to recreate the issue and rollout a fix, or improved build, rather than allow us all to rollback. So the push should be for the fix not a downgrade.

>Insert a witty quote about progress< 😉 ....technology moves on, so it is better to move forward with it, than backwards.

0 Ratings
Neils83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 37

Yes, well I did a full reset to see if it fixed, although this was not until after I’d reset every other bit of equipment connected to it. I first noticed my Netatmo Prescence (WiFi connected) camera was acting really weird. So went through fault finding steps first including full reset (for security, to do this your need a specific QR code, which I didn’t have), so spent approx 2 days in contact via email with their tech support in order to obtain. It was only then I realised my Tradfri Lights hub was not showing connection to the internet (I had no need to use them via HomeKit in the prior 6 or so days) due to being busy working. Then after all this the penny dropped- what’s if it’s the discs. I then backtracked to when I’d installed the update and it all pieced together. I had no reason to suspect it was the discs as for the last 3 months they had been rock solid and had no issues (including upgrading from 1.02 to 1.03).
0 Ratings
xaui
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 37

@Neils83 Yeah, my system was rock solid too. Couldn't recommed the WHWF more highly...until v1.02.04 😞

0 Ratings
Neils83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 37

I was hoping for an upgrade fix, however I read the forums posts from people awaiting the 1.04 build 10 upgrade ( to fix issues they had?’c but I had not experienced on 1.03) and they appeared to have been waiting 2 or more months so I wasn’t hopeful. Calling BT customer support generally isn’t helpful (seem to be pretty good at asking to unplug/plugin, reset and also that “no one else has reported issues”. I guess it’s not very likely a fix will be quick. One hasn’t been produced yet and it’s 2 weeks or more since I reported.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Neils83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 37

It would be nice to know which teams develop the firmware and where they’re situated. I know it’s MediaTek’s platform but they just sell the sdk and schematic oem. Anyone know??
0 Ratings
Inmaterichard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 37

I'm having the same issue.
0 Ratings